Why are certain trains visible in Surveyor, but disappear in Driver?

janathan

I downloaded the Shinkansen 500 trains from the Download Station and for some reason, even though they're not faulty and appear in Surveyor, as soon as I start Driver, they disappear immediately. :confused: Can someone please explain to me why this is happening? They work fine in T:ANE. Also these Shinkansen 500 won't appear in Preview Asset either. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHEln28JCkY&t=3s) The Japanese Maglev trains I downloaded are also giving me this problem. These trains also won't come out of a portal.

Check the config.txt version number of the asset. I was told that some 'Drivers' of the trains will show up in Surveyor Sessions, but when you switch to Driver for that Session, they are not there because of the version number. From memory they must be 4.6 or higher to show up in TRS19 in Driver.

Not sure, but could be a start to look at the config.txt

There maybe a script issue with these assets, which prevents them from loading properly in Driver. Remember Surveyor doesn't load the scripts, but Driver does.

The asset not showing up in the Preview is indicative of some error as well perhaps with the mesh in some fashion.

It doesn't show any errors on the Content Manager, though. What kind of script / mesh error could occur that would make it work in Surveyor, but not Driver or Preview Asset? Also, these trains work just fine in T:ANE.

Actually I checked again and there are a few warnings:

! <kuid:461543:100566> VE82: Individual mesh files are not supported for traincar assets. Upgrade 'n701.im' to a .lm file.
! <kuid:461543:100566> VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 5218
! <kuid:461543:100566> VE94: This asset requires a shadow mesh, but the mesh table does not contain one.

Thanks for the report. A task has been raised to investigate (using <kuid:461543:100508> JRH SHINKANSEN N700-8000 08 as the test case).

Btw, the warnings are most likely not relevant to the issue.

Back