Content Vault

I have problems with this one here:

CR C30-7A that is on there as well as the Phase IV P42s.

All my other stuff downloaded fine, which wasn't much this time because I have all the other stuff, which I got mostly free from Jointed Rail.

Yes, I am generally pleased with the offerings...I was somewhat perplexed at first with the inability to deselect something once you choose it. I chose a couple items that I had already paid for, too. So I have learned to be careful what I select. It is best to choose carefully, note what is available, what is needed, and then finish choosing at a later date in the month.

In a perfect world, the content I have installed would filter the list, and perhaps substitute other items in place of the ones I own. I realize that this would be an enormous task for N3V, though.

I am glad to be of assistance to N3V in the development of the product, too.

I have problems with this one here:

CR C30-7A that is on there as well as the Phase IV P42s.

All my other stuff downloaded fine, which wasn't much this time because I have all the other stuff, which I got mostly free from Jointed Rail.

The Phase IV downloaded ok for me as did the other stuff I selected, but I had a problem with the C30 too and it's still not showing up. I did submit a ticket so we will have to see what happens.

I am thankful for the CV. I keep records of what I download (and each loco and piece of rolling stock that comes in routes) so I have no problem with duplicate items. I've had no problems with the downloads. I downloaded three routes yesterday and two power units. With the routes I also received over 240 pieces of rolling stock (if I logged and counted right.) I consider my Silver Ticket quite the bargain. I've also messed up, forgotten things, and just generally messed up before, so the short delay in being able to make my selections was no big deal. Thanks for asking for feedback.

When I chose to sign up for the SILVER membership that was offered free, I was under the impression that this would give me TRS19 to try out before I bought it. That was the understanding I took from the 2 email messages after Christmas. (And I guess a few others did too from what I have read since.):confused:

Anyhow when I signed up the free vault items were offered, and I also assumed(wrongly), I had to chose 5 but because I already owned some of them in TANE, I thought (wrongly again) that these were for the locked vault of TRS19.

I have done nothing with the Feb items as there is nothing there that I want/need or I already have it. I have yet to find a way to discover which 5 items I blindly clicked when signing up because when I look into the vault, all the items that I bought over the years are also there. WHY if the game is not included???.

It also looks like I won't be able to un-click them or delete them but will just have to live with them. (Maybe a future update???) As I have now cancelled my subscription, I hope that the items that I had before will return and not be locked out as PAYWARE,Not Active.

So to sum up, I am not impressed with the subscription system and wish I had found more to read about it before jumping off the cliff with everybody else. About the only thing it was good for was getting a 10% discount on the full package which I was going to buy eventually anyway.

As a PS, a lot of the links I found while installing TRS19 took me to the WIKI and other pages that had no mention of TRS19. There was only TANE, TS2012 and Earlier. Perhaps the various pages need to be updated to include TRS19 alongside TANE. :(

Thanks for the opportunity to sound off, but despite it all, I still think TRS19 is a step or 2 up from TANE.:Y:

I did choose 5 things from the new month yesterday and none of it downloaded, p42, sncf class bb 75k, Mojave route, Victorian Railways and PRR X23 Boxcar... are all those incompatible with TANE or something? (only for 2019 which I don't own yet?) I was under the impression that both games are compatible or is this some kind of bug? I did try removing MyTrainz details, db rebuild and Downloading Purchased content but to no avail, the game still doesn't download those things for me.
My subscription is still active and I wanted keep it running for yet another month but seems like the service is not very reliable so far.

Edit: I take it back, got it sorted. I found out that "Automatically download DLC updates" was ticked off in my General Settings in-game for some reason (probably computer reinstall in the beginning of the month). Now it all downloads correctly! :)
So I advise anyone who has problems with Content Vault downloads to try that checkbox and then restarting the game as Download Purchased Content option in launcher did nothing for me.

Last edited:
So...

Still can't get my items. They still won't download despite trying every method. Only one got pushed, rest wont.

Noticed the CV once again got changed, without any news or heads up.

The item I had selected, is now no longer in this month.... I selected the BN SD40-2B. No longer there. Guess I won't be enjoying that on my Legacy of BN route.

The CR C30 is gone now, due to it being freeware off JR... That's good.

You still have the BNSF SD60M there and its freeware off JR.... Yikes.

I blew another selection to see if that triggers a download of the rest, but nope. The Amtrak downloads, still can't get my CR SD40-2.

Again, these repeats are out of control. I am now 100% positive no one reviews the vault before its pushed. I would easily throw $100 on red saying its a computer just picking at random with no checks in place. If a employee is doing it, please, make him stop and find another.

When a user has the routes or items already that were not acquired through the vault, it should be grayed out. Instead you still allow a user to pick something they already own. Not saying give them another option, but at least grey out the button for that item if they have it own their account.

See my other post too about the vault, it needs to be expanded and a meeting needs to be had on it. I would also like to see the 3 click UI/UX rule in place. I shouldn't have to goto MyTrainz then Membership. Then click Content Vault. Why is that not easier to access on a side panel on front of MyTrainz portal?

At this rate this be my last month with the vault if I dont see some real changes. The repeats need to be addressed. The vault needs to grow in quantity. Actually updating routes to 19 standards... Even if its just resetting environment or you know... actually have working grade crossings. Cough Mojave Cough.

At this rate this be my last month with the vault if I dont see some real changes. The repeats need to be addressed. The vault needs to grow in quantity. Actually updating routes to 19 standards.
Why are you even worrying about the vault when there is such as large amount of top quality freeware material available? It sounds like you are saying "I want more stuff that I can spend my money on". If that's what they are hearing then of course they are going to claim more and more of the assets that were originally created as freeware for paid subscribers through the vault.

Why are you even worrying about the vault when there is such as large amount of top quality freeware material available? It sounds like you are saying "I want more stuff that I can spend my money on". If that's what they are hearing then of course they are going to claim more and more of the assets that were originally created as freeware for paid subscribers through the vault.
Because there isn't?

I gathered all the top quality, high end freeware for the Class 1's I enjoy for over 3 months before I caved and spent $20 over Christmas on some quality payware items that you cannot get off freeware. From any site, or DLS. DLS even worse, as 90% items on there are junk and are from 2004 and quality shows.

Also, I can choose what I want to do with my own money. I'm not asking to spend more money, i'm asking opposite. I want to see my $15 stretch and not see repeats every single month. That means my $15 isn't worth. Which you apparently don't understand....

It is a problem with the same old stuff going round and round every month. What little there was that I'm actually interested in I got ages ago so it's hardly worth looking at the Content Vault each month now. I certainly wouldn't want to see freeware models plucked out of the DLS and turned into payware because we've already seen the problems that causes when freeware models on the DLS accidentally became payware when the official routes were released for TS2019.
I'm certain N3V could approach some of the very good content creators we have in the community and commision new models. Because if they don't do that very soon the Content Vault is going to become a very bad joke and nothing but a laughing stock.

Last edited:
It is a problem with the same old stuff going round and round every month. What little there was that I'm actually interested in I got ages ago so it's hardly worth looking at the Content Vault each month now. I certainly wouldn't want to see freeware models plucked out of the DLS and turned into payware because we've already seen the problems that causes when freeware models on the DLS accidentally became payware when the official routes were released for TS2019.
I'm certain N3V could approach some of the very good content creators we have in the community and commision new models. Because if they don't do that very soon the Content Vault is going to become a very bad joke and nothing but a laughing stock.

I'm behind you completely on this. It would be nice to see items in there from different parts of the world too but that being said, the content first has to be available before they throw it into the vault so that's a double edged sword. Each month I tend to make the best of what's there and hope for the best but it won't be before long that I have most of the Payware items available. I'm hoping there'll soon be a plethora of TRS19 exclusive content available to the vault that isn't recycled stuff from the DLS... A good example would be the ETR1000 but for obvious reasons it will be a long time before that hits the vault.

I will add my experience with no Conrail - EMD SD40-2 download available, even though I selected it, and it is marked as if I should have it...

I want to see my $15 stretch and not see repeats every single month. That means my $15 isn't worth. Which you apparently don't understand....
You are saying that "my $15 isn't worth [it]". Hence the question - why are you bothering with the vault?

The simple practicality that was apparent from the start is that the quality that has been available in some payware could not be maintained for the volume of material that was promised with the subscription. Look at what you have spent on the subscription, and compare that to what you would have paid for stuff that you really wanted from the store. It's about even. Except, of course, that because it's a subscription it disappears when you stop.

If they start commissioning quality original material then the equation might change. At the moment it doesn't add up.

It was implied when the whole TS2019/gold membership thing was being promoted that there would be new content each month and that certainly sparked my interest even though the likelihood of the new models each month being something I might be interested in would be a long shot.
So yes I'm disappointed that it's just the same old stuff going round and round. And some of the old stuff is now very old indeed having been originally made for TC3 and TS2009. I have nothing against the old models since I still run old versions of the Trainz simulator and they look fine there, but put them into T:ANE and TS2019 and they start to look like a corpse with a bad makeup job.

I will not buy into the subscription model. I will always be the one that buys the next version as a 'Full' version, and then 'Owns' it.

Thanks for the heads up on the freeware items. It appears no-one had bothered to tell us that these once-payware items had been changed to freeware on JR. They have now been removed from the Store and form the Content Vault.

For anyone who has used there selections on unavailable items, please submit a support ticket with the items you would like instead and Zec will assist in updating your accounts.

Regarding new content, we've got a number of items coming through the pipeline and they will be released though tthe Preview Pass first, then the store, and then through the Content Vault at a later time.

For people who have purchased a lot of content already, then obviously there isn't as much choice for you as for someone new to the hobby.

We'd love to have more content available, and we're working on our systems so that content creators will be able to submit their content without us holding things up in the processing pipeline. Like all things, this takes tie to implement, but we're working on it.

For content creators, I suggest if you want to make some decent money, then now would be a good time to get cracking on making new content. We are paying out some pretty decent royalty checks each month, and there is certainly a never-ending demand for more high quality content.

Thanks Tony for getting back to us on this. This reply here is quite honestly why I am glad I came back all these years and am glad the hobby itch came back to me. The comms between Dev and Customer.

Glad you see the CV problems and hopefully they addressed over the next few weeks. For that reply you gave, I will stick the sub a few more months and see if changes arise.

Also though, you missed one. CSX SD40-2 is Free as well off JR and still on the store, and was last months CV item. https://store.trainzportal.com/products/csx-transportation-emd-sd40-2-yn2-dirty / http://jointedrail.com/product/emd-sd40-2-csx-yn2/

Quite honestly it seems JR is dropping the ball here. I asked them earlier this year for a status update on their support for Trainz 19 and I got silence. It's been long enough now to hear something. Especially if they are still an Official Partner. If so, I want to see more of their stuff on their site , in the Vault.

I hope as well more community members make some great PBR 19 level quality items! If not, I may just have to learn at least re-skinning first, as we lacking some real updated 19 content. Some of the big names around here don't want to touch 19 so... That got me more worried we wont see ports over/updated old assets.

I'll write a more formal E-mail and shoot it off to Support tonight detailing more and seeing if can get a item fixed around.

Cheers Tony

What you can do with Content Vault is to offer an exclusive session - for free - to everyone subscribed each month. That way everyone would get something new, not offered anywhere else and you could also tie up those sessions with some driver story behind it and put it on store as a whole pack later on for everyone.

The point is, the session is not so time consuming to make (and write) as the route or rolling stock itself and there is never such thing as too many sessions, especially as far as Trainz are concerned. And adding something that people can look forward to every month even when they already own the most of the payware in the selection could have possitive effect on subscribers' count.

It's happening again to me - most of the new Content Vault items downloaded with silver membership but I can't get Chinese Electric SS4 Locomotive Pack to download no matter what (sc026 folder not present either). Cleared game cache, tried checking Download purchased items, rebuilded the database, removed and restore my login info, checked automatically download dlc updates ingame and it still shows as orange when I run the game. When I click on install it always tells me it's querying product details but the asset download window never shows.

v4Qz5Vj.png

Tried restarting/changing settings of the game at least 50x by now with no luck. Can we force-open Asset Download window somehow? Anyone else has this problem?

Back