Content Vault

grazlash

Route Builder
Went to have a look at what I can get for my 5 items this month. Easy selection...... I'll have one of each of NOTHING? :D
Checked 12:15pm still claim limit exhausted, checked at 1:45pm the vault was empty apart from some crickets chirping... sorry, not even crickets, that was just my Tinnitus getting loud again...:hehe:
Graeme

Is this the harbinger of times to come? I've always felt that subscriptions were a very bad way to go for the consumer. Why I chose to sign up, I'll never know...Perhaps it's time to change that?

UPDATE: Thanks guys, for restoring my faith in N3V (as if it really did ever waver...)! I don't apologize, though, because I do feel that this whole membership concept is under scrutiny by folks like me. I expect it to be working as promised, even more so now than in the future. So I leave my original post unaltered...

Last edited:
i didn't have any problems until now, if it keeps happening, i guess i will just buy the sim and forget the subscription, i kinda expected someone to reply.

I've been trying all day and it's blank here (5pm - UK) at the moment too... here's to hoping when it's back up there's some nice goodies on there.

Hi guys. Thanks for your calm reactions to our slip-up for getting the February Content Vault up and running. I'd love to say it was all part of an elaborate plan, but alas it was just human error, and has now been set up correctly. (This human is also very sorry that the newsletter was also not ready for prime time this week - there are just not enough hours in the week).

But while we have your interest in this thread, it would be great to hear some feedback on the Content Vault and on the subscriptions in general. I know a bunch of you gave your store discounts a good workout last week during our Aussie Day sale!

Hello Tony

In the moment I am glad with the subscription. That is a way to support N3V, a sort of a donation. :)

I am missing a list of all my DLC, I have bought at N3V, in my account, and a list of all the DLC in my vault.

Sometimes I am to lazy, to look at my content manager, if I own a certain DLC already, sometimes it is difficult to say, if the asset in the content manager is identical with the considered DLC.
I noticed, that I have some asset in my vault, I already own.

Kind regards
Swordfish

My biggest problem with the Vault, since being a member since end of October and taking advantage of the vault from Oct til now. I can see I have already counted 4 items that are freeware, put into a vault that is payware. That is a big red flag, and boggles my mind its allowed to happen.

For example, its mostly JR stuff.

- CR C30-7A that is on there now? Free off JR in Freeware.

- BNSF SD60 Heritage on there now? Free off JR in Freeware.

- CSX SD40-2 last month? Free off JR in freeware.

The other item or two was a few months back and I cannot recall what it was.

Also, I know the vault is limited. But the repeats are very real. I've seen a lot of repeated stuff already since Oct alone mutiple times. The vault needs to be expanded to counter this. Add more JR stuff from their Payware side to the N3V site for starters. Upgrade more content that is not 19 ready, to 19 to expand even more. There is lot of NS and other Class 1's missing from N3V that are on JR. If they Official partner, I want to see them on vault more, and not just all their old 2012 models either.

I like how a few items stay from last month to next month (or this bug?) I also noticed few days ago new items appeared before Feb 1. This happened last couple months too, and made a habit to only select 3 and save my other 2 til month end. It has paid off as a new items are added, yet still count as that month. Not sure if intended or not.

Besides that its a great idea and expanded my roster to routes and locos I never would of bought on there own. At least not in the quantity that the vault gives (5 a month). So I am glad I am a Gold member, but i'd love some of the above addressed.

EDIT: Oh and Routes & 19 levels.

I think every single route I got from Vault, none of the crossings work. I'm not sure what you all even did to make them 19 ready, as nothing looks changed. You didn't even bother to go in and reset environment settings to update to new lighting...

A new user should not be told to go and do that himself, especially when its listed as 19 ready and its live in the vault. Mojave for example, none of the crossings work in 19 default comparability mode. Which is the default install for new people. Vets can fix it, I can fix it. I shouldn't have to.

Last edited:
OK I think I got everything new password and name. I hope I did not screw this up.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
The content vault is great, It lets me play with routes, loco's and sessions that I never would have purchased otherwise.
cheers
Graeme

Picked 4 items and none of them downloaded. 3 of the 4 are the ones Kirble3 posted. What is going on here? Last month only 4 of 5 units downloaded. And while I am at it, when will I be able to get all things I bought on Steam for TANE?

Same, only one that would download was C44-9W, rest wont download. Even with forcing it and account detail recycle.

My biggest problem with the Vault, since being a member since end of October and taking advantage of the vault from Oct til now. I can see I have already counted 4 items that are freeware, put into a vault that is payware. That is a big red flag, and boggles my mind its allowed to happen.

It also happens for DLS items.
'Victorian Railways Type 4 DD Class Pack - Canadian Red' payware pack includes some consists. When it is installed the VR U and T vans that are available for free on the DLS become payware, because they are in the consist.

The important question is whether they will revert to downloadable when the free membership expires.

Edit /
And the answer is - they do not revert to downloadable. So anyone who tried out the free subscription and chose some of these packs now has a lot of stuff marked as 'Installed, Payware (not active)' and which therefore can't be used, but it is actually on the download station and could be downloaded if the payware could be deleted. This is not acceptable.
/ Edit

Last edited:
Same, only one that would download was C44-9W, rest wont download. Even with forcing it and account detail recycle.

You hadn't already purchased these item's thru Jointedrail's own store have you ?, Think this might be my problem also lol, But pretty sure I own the majority of there stuff purchased thru their store plus way back in time a lot of the now Freeware was actually Payware when I bought it.
Not sure if this either helps or makes the content vault/Subscription idea kind of null in void if you already own a ton of Payware.
Cheers Mick.

I still want to be here. I like quite a few people much. A lot of people are very happy of doing this stuff.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Back