Trying to find admins of Trainz Commuter Rail

hholdenaz

Lately the downloads page of Trainz Commuter Rail only redirects to their main page and it’s really frustrating. I’ve messaged admins about this but the last was active in July of last year. That’s why I have to ask it here: are any of Trainz Commuter Rail's admins still active on the discussion forum?

the forum may no longer be as active as it used to but I’m sure some people could still use their downloads.

Not sure if any are still around, but the reason you're having problems is that their forum host, ZetaBoards was bought by Tapatalk about a year ago & Tapatalk force-converted all the ZetaBoards into their crappy system. TCR is going to have to re-think how they're going to do downloads now, as the way they had been doing it isn't possible anymore.

peter

Not sure if any are still around, but the reason you're having problems is that their forum host, ZetaBoards was bought by Tapatalk about a year ago & Tapatalk force-converted all the ZetaBoards into their crappy system. TCR is going to have to re-think how they're going to do downloads now, as the way they had been doing it isn't possible anymore.

peter

According to Tapatalk support that link was deliberate and they offered to do an ownership transferal procedure so I could take over. I’m eager to take up such an offer but I’m not sure how such a thing works. Tried asking for help on Tapatalk support but got no results so far.

According to Tapatalk support that link was deliberate and they offered to do an ownership transferal procedure so I could take over. I’m eager to take up such an offer but I’m not sure how such a thing works. Tried asking for help on Tapatalk support but got no results so far.

Tapatalk, the worst system I have ever encountered, it's more aimed at gadget users and attempting to get people to fork out cash or earn points, Ignoring them and using an adblocker seems to work so it doesn't need to cost anything.
I moderate on a forum they swallowed up, we now have about 4 members left out of a few hundred, if and when they go I will be dumping it. Another forum I used to use which was a Free Forums one has lost all it's members and is dead, loads more gone the same way. When they took over the forum I moderate on when it actually worked, took months to sort out their server issues, they lost all our images, screwed up permissions, killed of the Chat room we had......... And keep spamming me with info on the latest Tablet crap they are adding. As you have probably gathered I'm not a fan, at least with 4 people there is no need to moderate these days, Just as well as I'm the only one left apart from the forum owner out of six!
Presume you have tried getting a response from here https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/index.php you may get a reply eventually, they have just the one person dealing with all the problems.

Tapatalk, the worst system I have ever encountered, it's more aimed at gadget users and attempting to get people to fork out cash or earn points, Ignoring them and using an adblocker seems to work so it doesn't need to cost anything.
I moderate on a forum they swallowed up, we now have about 4 members left out of a few hundred, if and when they go I will be dumping it. Another forum I used to use which was a Free Forums one has lost all it's members and is dead, loads more gone the same way. When they took over the forum I moderate on when it actually worked, took months to sort out their server issues, they lost all our images, screwed up permissions, killed of the Chat room we had......... And keep spamming me with info on the latest Tablet crap they are adding. As you have probably gathered I'm not a fan, at least with 4 people there is no need to moderate these days, Just as well as I'm the only one left apart from the forum owner out of six!
Presume you have tried getting a response from here https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/index.php you may get a reply eventually, they have just the one person dealing with all the problems.

I'm having a similar issue with mine. When they took over AMTZ's forum, I decided I wasn't gonna stick with them & switched my forum hosting to be my own (with Vanilla as the software). But in the process have lost a lot of users.

If people are interested, I would be willing to discuss dedicating a section of my forum to another group. I plan on re-doing the AMTZ download area in the future to have a more automated upload process.

peter

I got ownership transferred to me since he didn’t respond in time.

in any case, although PerRock says you will need permission to do so, anybody who has routes from Commuter Rail please let me know: there is no permission needed because they were originally uploaded on TCR to begin with.

Back