How to make a grate unload gravel

stumper66

I am new to tranz and am trying to create a session in TRS2019.
I am looking at an existing route and am trying to figure out how I can make a grate unload something such as gravel.

This specific object is called 'Unloading grate for rail or truc' but when I click on the properties I don't have to option to add queues and stuff.
What is the trick for this? As seen below I just have a blank properties window when i click on it.

trs-grate.png

This specific object is called 'Unloading grate for rail or truc' but when I click on the properties I don't have to option to add queues and stuff.
What is the trick for this? As seen below I just have a blank properties window when i click on it.
Do you mean "<kuid:439337:100762> Unloading grate for rail or truck"? That is a building, not an industry. You could convert it to an industry using the information here:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/CCG/Kind:_Industry_Multi_Industry_New
Or search in Content Manager using Category:Industry and 'grate' or 'gravel'.

I am new to tranz and am trying to create a session in TRS2019.
I am looking at an existing route and am trying to figure out how I can make a grate unload something such as gravel.

The Asset you chose is a Scenery Asset. You need an Industry Aware Asset. You can keep the Scenery Asset as shown in your post. Just add one of the Multi Industry Assets underneath it, then place the Scenery Asset on top of it for looks.

Multi Industry.jpg

The Asset you chose is a Scenery Asset. You need an Industry Aware Asset. You can keep the Scenery Asset as shown in your post. Just add one of the Multi Industry Assets underneath it, then place the Scenery Asset on top of it for looks.

Multi Industry.jpg

Actually this is what I was looking for.
I don't want to modify the route as I'm using downloaded routes and don't want to clone it, so hopefully this will all save to the session layer only.

I added a multi industry, added a queue for loose gravel, added tracks to unload it. Then I drive my hopper loaded with loose gravel and park it over it, but nothing happens.
I just spent over 1 hour trying everything to get it to work but nothing.

I added a multi industry, added a queue for loose gravel, added tracks to unload it. Then I drive my hopper loaded with loose gravel and park it over it, but nothing happens.

That will only work if the hopper is driving on the tracks of the multi industry. Based on your description it appears that the hopper is driving on the original tracks. Just placing them in the same alignment is not sufficient to get the hopper onto the new tracks.

If you don't want to replace the building asset with the industry asset then you have to upgrade the building asset to an industry.

Back