Murchison in Trainz 2019

... thankz for the news and your great job, sirgibby ... have nice partydays and a healthy life ...
grtz
daveric

Why are you guys messing around with the old Murchison when Sir Gibbie has just spent up to 6000 hours this year revamping a whole new Murchison that we will soon enjoy in TANE and TRS2019 and hopes to have screen shots up soon. Just be patient. It will be worth the wait by what he told me yesterday.
Agreed, but it eliminates flicking between multiple Trainz versions in one night. And also it bridges the gap till TANE / TRS19 masterpiece is out. Cool.

Hello Michael (sirgibby), Are there any updates to your route? Kind regards, Craig

Hi Craig,

Just spoke to Michael this morning. He's still, and I quote "head down, tail up" working on a full overhaul of Murchison for Tane. He's put in over 7000+ plus hours into this overhaul already. (Work to date looks incredible).

He's wants to complete the overhaul of Murchison for Tane first, (& get that to market) then it shouldn't take him to long to do whatever changes, (if any) for it to run in TS2019 as well.

Footnote; I've been lucky enough to see the latest beta, and the attention to detail is just mind blowing. Bigger, better, with lots more detail, new area's & lot's of new extended track, etc, etc. Still no confirmation of a completion date. IMHO, it's going to be well worth the wait...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Hi Mac,

Thank you for the update, I'm looking forward to seeing what Michael has done in both TANE and eventually TRS19.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Craig

Hi Mac
Thanks for the update. Still no screenshots available.
In the meantime I will continue running and re-running the Murchison sessions in TS12.

Ken

Hi Craig,

Just spoke to Michael this morning. He's still, and I quote "head down, tail up" working on a full overhaul of Murchison for Tane. He's put in over 7000+ plus hours into this overhaul already. (Work to date looks incredible).

He's wants to complete the overhaul of Murchison for Tane first, (& get that to market) then it shouldn't take him to long to do whatever changes, (if any) for it to run in TS2019 as well.

Footnote; I've been lucky enough to see the latest beta, and the attention to detail is just mind blowing. Bigger, better, with lots more detail, new area's & lot's of new extended track, etc, etc. Still no confirmation of a completion date. IMHO, it's going to be well worth the wait...

Cheers, Mac...

Hello Mac,

I take it that because we haven't seen any of these promised updates that this project has been cancelled. We were promised pictures Months ago but as yet we haven't seen any.

Hello Mac,

I take it that because we haven't seen any of these promised updates that this project has been cancelled. We were promised pictures Months ago but as yet we haven't seen any.

It's was hoped that some screenshots where going to be put in the forum awhile ago. It was decided to delay putting screenshots on the forum, until just before completion.

I haven't spoken to Michael in about 3 to 4 weeks, but the last time I did, he was still very much hard at it, completely upgrading/revamping it for Tane. (he's put 1000's of hours into this upgrade/revamp so far!!!).

Still no mention of a completion date.

All I can say is having seen the latest "work-in-progress", (to date), it's stunning and is going to be well worth the wait. (latest "beta" from 4 weeks ago, approx).

Dean (Dinorius_Redundicus) has been making some incredible additional content for Sir Gibby, that's been used in the revamp. Most, if not all of that amazing additional content has been now put on the DLS...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
MURCHISON update...

Hi Guys

If I had been slacking or lost interest I would say "sorry for the delay"

But such is not the case .... I continue to put around 50 hrs a week into this upgrade" .... (and have been doing so for about 4 yrs now)

It is significant enough upgrade that it will be released as MURCHISON 3.
Unfortunately fine detailing is slow going ... and on such a large route it seems excruciatingly slow at times
(I initially thought the upgrade might take a year or so ..... Yeah right!!!)

I have been aiming for a certain point in the upgrade before I start posting screenshots .
I had hoped that that point would be reached about 6 months ago but I am still not quite there ... BUT ALMOST!! ... hopefully should be there around Christmas/January ... at which point i will start with the screenshots,

If I was aiming at a strict deadline I would take shortcuts and reduce the detailing .... but it would be a shame to start doing that so close to the finish.
All I can keep doing is "following my nose"

As I started the upgrade in TANE I will complete it in Tane .... and then N3V tell me it should be a quick task to bring it into TRS2019

thanks for your patience
Michael

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the update. Stay the course and present the route when it's ready.

Any further news on Murchison 3 release. Seems a long time since any update news.
Spoke to Michael mid week. Basically the route is 98% completed, apart from some tidying up work and some finishing touches, eg; putting new street signs in on the whole route, that Dean has recently made for him , etc.

He's hoping to start work on the SESSION's soon! (TM).

Michael hasn't given me a time line as to when he is hoping to send M3 off to N3V for testing, packaging, etc...

Cheers, Mac...

Foot note; I've been lucky enough to have seen the very latest "Beta to date" and the route looks absolutely amazing. IMHO, jaw dropping...

There is also another Murchison 3 2019 tthread running; https://forums.auran.com/threads/ho...red-dlc-murchison-2-in-trs-2019.149996/page-4

Last edited:
Back