Looking for a good highway crossing at grade for TANE

ptcbc

The crossings I found in TANE have the highway going over the tracks instead of connecting on both sides and showing the correct track surface (ala TS 2009). I tried just importing the TS 2009 crossings but they are shown as obsolete in the TANE content manager.

Is there a special technique to adding the crossings in TANE?

If not, has anyone seen descent crossings on DLS that work in TANE?

The crossing appears obsolete in T:ANE because it's an updated version.

The issue with the road going over the tracks is due to the road spline and not the crossing. The YARN-nish series splines tend to do this with the BNSF50 crossings, however, the old YARN roads, highways included, do not.

Using the assets in T:ANE is no different than it is in previous versions.

Attach the tracks to the track ends and roads to the road ends.

Now the alternative to this is the more complex ATLS, or less complex TRC level crossing systems. These are made up of individual components that act as triggers that stop the traffic. Using this method, regardless of the system, you can use any road at any angle, and adjust the road height to suit the tracks.

It is the BNSF 50 crossings that are giving me problems, and those are the ones that are built in, no? The problem isn't just YARN roads - which actually haven't tried - but any road I try which I'm pretty sure includes the TANE built in roads. If I connect the two rail ends first it looks OK until I connect the first road end; then it jumps across the track. So, I'm still looking for advice. I'll look into the ATLS - whatever that is - in DLS.

Delete the road.

Add in a single bit of road and drag it up to the spline circle for the crossing.

The road should "jump" and snap on to the crossing.

Repeat in the opposite direction.

I've been doing this since I've had Trainz and that was since December 2003.

2018-11-22 121412.jpg

Back