John Keenan from TrainzProRoutes returning

jkeenan

TPR Founding Member
Hi all, its been a long time and i have no idea how many will remember me, but I was a founding member of TrainzProRoutes and in the early days we provided tons of content for Trainz. Including the Clinchfield Project and Montana Rail Links as well as the LARS system of load management. I have been away for a number of years, but will be taking the plunge back into Trainz in a few days. I have no idea what is new, what is different, and what is the same. Im looking forward to seeing all that is offered. My KUIDis 64038 if you want to check out some of the hundreds of items I have uploaded in the past. I also look forward to making new friends thru the Trainz community.

Sincerely,
John Keenan
Belton, Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
I think basically the big changes have been more content on the DLS these days and TANE dumps a lot more work down to the GPU.

There is more use of Blender which is a bit more flexible than GMAX but textures have seen a fair amount of change as people learn how to use them better. 3DS is still the product that N3V use in house so most of their wiki pages are about 3DS. PBR textures are the latest, I don't understand them but they can look good. I think Whitepass is one of the people using PBR to good effect.

For TANE realistically you need a GTX 1060 or GTX9800, some run GTX 1080 TI which lets you put the sliders up a bit further. You can run it on Intel series 4000 Integrated graphics or better if you pick your content. Middleton for laptops is an example.

Welcome back

Cheerio John

Welcome back, John. IMHO, TRS2019 is the way to go these days. SO MUCh better than any Trainz version before.

Again, great to have you back!

Dave

I'd get the T:ANE Deluxe Boxed version, if you intend to upgrade. That way, you aren't forced to deal with online issues if you don't want to. All else being equal, it's a better performer than previous versions, as long as you have a reasonably-modern PC. I see you have TS2010 on your timeline. Still works great for many of us.

Nice to see that you are back.

I have used many of your items and want to say thank you for them.

Clinchfield Project and Montana Rail Links

:wave: Hello John and welcome back,

I didn't know of you personally, but I was referred to your Site many a times for Items I could not find elsewhere, and it really helped me out over the years.........;)

Update: I downloaded Clinchfield Project and Montana Rail Links and I believe ELK Routes last night,

:udrool: I really like the Clinchfield Route, and only had maybe 1 missing asset, no big deal.......:cool:It is an amazing Route for all time in my view and I have played on a lot of Routes over my 4.3 yrs with Trainz..........The fact this Route plays well in TRS19 speaks volumes about how you made it.......Kudos Sir!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome back John. You were most certainly one of the best creators back then. Your creations prompted me to name a city after you on one of my routes. You'll find things are a lot different these days. Hope all is well with you.
Gary

Howdy John,

We're getting back in the saddle again little doggy!:D

I'll be getting TRS2019 next week and I am looking forward to see if the Full route version of Proto Clinchfield will work? It should, I have it working in TANE2012...

Talk to you soon..

Kevin
Creator of the Proto Clinchfield Elkhorn Extension

Was good talking with you Kevin! Looking forward to getting back in the saddle. Looks like I have a lot to learn since I was last here!

John

Welcome back John. You were most certainly one of the best creators back then. Your creations prompted me to name a city after you on one of my routes. You'll find things are a lot different these days. Hope all is well with you.
Gary

Wow, thanks Gary. I have been in contact with some of the other old TPR guys and we are going to have a reunion soon Who knows what may come of it! Glad you enjoy our stuff, it was always fun to share what we were able to contribute.

Cheers,
John

Back