Is there a "tower talk" for Trainz?

JonMyrlennBailey

Lionel Trains had something like that to mimic railroad voice communications as over the radio. In aviation we have ATC talk.

This is a feature that would mimic voice communications between dispatchers and train crews and between train crewmen as head engines and rear helpers.

The only human voice content for RR commo I've seen so far is the talking defect detectors. It will start by saying something like, "Detector milepost zero point zero...."

You can choose a man's or a woman's voice. I use a man's voice because it's deeper and more official-sounding.

The 2004 Trainz by Auran had a free trial version. I've used this 12 years ago. The Notify command would say "Copy that" when it was called upon. The Notify says nothing in TS12.

I really don't know what the Notify command is for.

I have a recorded object (in my voice) at my passenger station to mimic a conductor's "All Aboard!" call periodically.

The element of the human voice can make train play more exciting.

Last edited:
The built in Rocky Mountains route in TRS19 contains some train radio communication. Its always down to whoever creates a session to add such communication or not. I personally like it as well, however I just lack the amount of people I know who would do such recordings for me, so I resorted to mostly just doing the next station announcements (by myself) for my sessions.

Other than that, when I play a train sim that brings me to america I often just open railroadradio.net in a window somewhere to have some realistic talking in the background. Can make the ride a little less boring when you're on a long desert or mountanous route in-game and you hear them trying to catch a runaway train on the radio :hehe:

Greets, Mika

I visited the railroad.net website and it looks complicated. It's not free and may require special equipment and/or software. I was looking for a simple webpage that streams free live railroad communications to the PC. I found this site:

https://tunein.com/radio/Rail-g2742/

Now, I need a glossary of American railroad radio lingo.

How can one tell if the train crew is talking or the dispatcher is talking?

Right now I have on BNSF Whitefish, MT.

Last edited:
Railroadradio does not require you to login, its as simple as selecting a region and clicking the Windows Media Player option. You then get a file you just click once and WMP willl pop up and play the stream. But I guess what you found is even more intuitive and will run right inside the browser.

Greets, Mika

Back