Track-can't Delete a Section?

boleyd

I have a short section of track that I can't delete. Tried treating it as a plain object and several other ways but will not delete.

See if that section is on another layer by accident. I've made that mistake many times.
smyers

Goodness... By now I thought this problem was long gone! Still shows up? From time to time it happens to me (TANE), but on the cream of simulators, 19, It should have been resolved. One of the reasons many of us are holding for a change.

What you may find, is that there is a stack of track and deleting one just exposes another. The brighter and thicker the revolving spline point, the more pieces of track there are. My 'record' is 103 but the average stack is 5 or 6. The copy / paste seems to work instantly though adding baseboards is required for stacks floating in space.
Don't jump to conclusions, this damage was done by TANE SP1 while merging 15 routes together. This route will now CTD if any attempt is made to merge in TRS19 as there are too many faults in both this and the other 19 routes and DEMs it used to merge easily with in TANE SP1. The biggest issue is the new tile system from TANE SP2 onwards.
cheers
Graeme

How is that even possible? :eek::hehe:

There is now two options for pasting. (I'm not at my Trainzing computer so bear with me because I can't get a picture or remember the actual name).

1) On the left is the normal paste function as we've already had.

2) On the right is an add paste function, which lets you pile stuff up on top of stuff. This works well when adding in shrubs and stuff under trees, but can wreak havoc with tracks and stuff.

I'm not a record holder, but ran into a few places where I had a few "layers" pasted down.

I had this problem just this weekend. I created a new layer just for those tracks. Then just deleted the layer. Poof Tracks be gone.
Kenny

Probably not quite as bad, There were over 500 of these track stacks, everyone in the same corresponding place on every affected board and some of them hanging out in space off the edge of the board.:D
cheers
Graeme

I had this problem just this weekend. I created a new layer just for those tracks. Then just deleted the layer. Poof Tracks be gone.
Kenny

I like the idea of a "poof". So how do I get it. "created a layer just for those tracks" is the mystery for me. The piece of track is invulnerable to any deletion or movement. I can connect to it but deleting the connection has no effect. Could you expand on what/how you did it. Also, I should note that I have never used layers since any attempt led to me making common corrections, or additions, as if I was in the base route - grrrr.

I like the idea of a "poof". So how do I get it. "created a layer just for those tracks" is the mystery for me. The piece of track is invulnerable to any deletion or movement. I can connect to it but deleting the connection has no effect. Could you expand on what/how you did it. Also, I should note that I have never used layers since any attempt led to me making common corrections, or additions, as if I was in the base route - grrrr.

I had some bits of track I couldn't delete. I could connect to it, but could not remove the spline points and delete the splines so I did this:

I created a layer called DELETE!!!

I clicked on the ? then clicked on the track bits one at a time and moved them from the route layer to DELETE!!!

I then deleted the layer called DELETE!!! and magically all those bits poofed away. :D

What caused this beats me. The route was an import from a backup disk so perhaps the route had some corruption in it I wasn't aware of, or didn't show up until many Trainz versions later in TRS19.

Back