TS19 cannot add driver commands in QuickDrive

pitkin

In TANE and before, one could add driver commands from driver using Quickdrive. I cannot seem to do that anymore.

Driver commands are added to the driver in the screen bottom right. You need to click the bottom little circle where the orange one is to access the driver command window.

In TANE and before, one could add driver commands from driver using Quickdrive. I cannot seem to do that anymore.
You need to provide a little more context for your problem. Does this occur with all sessions or only some (for instance, only with some routes, or only with built-in routes, or something else)? Is the problem that you can't add the commands, or that the commands don't exist to be added? What exactly is the process you are using to add these commands? What do you expect to happen and what actually happens? Is there an error message? If so, what is it?

When editing a session in TANE, you open the driver commands rule (may not be exact name), and select which commands are available for the drivers in driver mode. In TANE, quickdrive allowed you to add driver commands to your driver session that were not originally selected when editing the session. If you were in a Saved Game, you could add a driver command you may have forgotten to enable when you edited the session. I don't even see that the quickdrive window can be called up anymore when in driver in TS19. (something like it it comes up under the window tab, but certainly nothing like quickdrive in TANE).

Driver commands are added to the driver in the screen bottom right. You need to click the bottom little circle where the orange one is to access the driver command window.

If this is so, I don't seem to be able to do that. Clicking on any of the circles just seems to change the control mode. I am trying to add commands to the driver that were not enabled when the session was edited.

Last edited:
In TANE, quickdrive allowed you to add driver commands to your driver session that were not originally selected when editing the session.
This functionality has been removed as it served no purpose. Commands available to a driver in Driver mode are selected when the session is edited.

This functionality has been removed as it served no purpose. Commands available to a driver in Driver mode are selected when the session is edited.

That's what I described. It certainly did serve a purpose, you could add driver commands you didn't know you wanted when you created the session. Oh well, one more of life's little disappointments.

I am missing this functionality too! :'(

Regards
Swordfish

I seem to have found a workaround, for what it's worth. Install a quickdrive command from TANE (I used the performance tweak one). That one seems to work along with the TS19 quickdrive rule, although I think you could delete the new one.

This has been discussed and re-discussed (and CUSSED if you want to know the truth!!) . You can easily add a driver command in TRS2019.

That's what I described. It certainly did serve a purpose, you could add driver commands you didn't know you wanted when you created the session. Oh well, one more of life's little disappointments.

I agree it definitely did serve a purpose.

Example:

We have our selected commands we use all the time for our routes, but in the rare instances we need a one off command during an operating session, going out and grabbing that off-needed command on the fly is more than helpful.

I agree it definitely did serve a purpose.

Example:

We have our selected commands we use all the time for our routes, but in the rare instances we need a one off command during an operating session, going out and grabbing that off-needed command on the fly is more than helpful.

I agree too.

I seem to have found a workaround, for what it's worth. Install a quickdrive command from TANE (I used the performance tweak one). That one seems to work along with the TS19 quickdrive rule, although I think you could delete the new one.

The necessary asset might be <kuid:29305:100219> QuickDrive rule - Performace Tweak by oberstkraut found on the DLS.
After installing it in TRS2019 and adding it in surveyor to the session you will find the "User Rules Menu / Quick Drive" on the top on the left side, by clicking the wrench-screwdriver symbol.

Regards

Swordfish

The necessary asset might be <kuid:29305:100219> QuickDrive rule - Performace Tweak by oberstkraut found on the DLS.
After installing it in TRS2019 and adding it in surveyor to the session you will find the "User Rules Menu / Quick Drive" on the top on the left side, by clicking the wrench-screwdriver symbol.

Regards

Swordfish
Thanks for this info, saved me repeating the question.

Yes I'm finding that change to be really annoying as well since I always forget to add commands to the session and only find out when I'm in Driver mode. BUT I'm trying to be good and and not grump and grumble about TS2019 anymore so I won't.

Back