Missing Dependencies

surfcandy

Hello, enjoying the sim so far except for the missing dependencies found in a few DLCs that I purchased. For example, in Trainz 2019 DLC: Avery - Drexel Route thetre are a number missing. The missing dependencies are referred to as "built in" or "installed" missing dependencies and even "Installed, Payware (not active)". Anyway to fix this with a download of just that asset or some other way. It makes those routes not playable.

Last edited:
You're not showing as having TRS19 registered.
Not showing registration sometimes occurs when installing the Steam versions, and you need to contact the helpdesk for that.
Ensure you are logged in in order for your payware to be active, otherwise the content will not be available.

Steam and AppStore
For versions purchased from Steam, or from the Apple AppStore, these editions will be registered into your account the first time that Trainz successfully logs in after entering your MyTrainz account's username and password into the Trainz Settings.

(Steam version) I followed the above directions and it said I was recognized and registered what happens afterwards I have no control over.

Forum now shows your game.

I suggest closing the game, wait 30 seconds, restart and see if it now downloads and activates your payware.

I've done that a dozen times already. What I hope exists is a simple click on the missing dependencies and it is downloaded again. That's better than downloading everything again since I have alot of DLCs.

Unfortunately not with DLCs although it should only download the packs that you haven't already got downloaded. Have you tried using File > Download Purchased Items on the launcher screen?

Shane

I even uninstalled and re-installed on Steam and then "Download All" assets. Still the same problems with these two DLCs The Season Town Northern Rail Road (STNRR) and Trainz 2019 DLC: Avery - Drexel Route both $34.99. That's quite a payment for something that's not working and being installed 100% by Steam not user error.

I am hoping I'll figure it out since I am a veteran Flight sim guy. Any ideas would be appreciated. The missing dependencies are referred to as "built in" or "installed" missing dependencies and even "Installed, Payware (not active)".

Sorry for my ignorance, what is the difference between installed and incorporated? I have in the content manager some 30' tracks that I need but when I go to the route they do not appear in the tracks tab.

Most of the problem assets have this written beside them: "Installed, Payware (not active)". If installed why wouldn't it be active?

Wow don't want to get flamed by anyone but I just spent $150. on the game which included DLCs and two of the more expensive DLC Routes and Sessions don't even work. I have even managed to download one major asset and it installed but again error stating can't find the asset after it was installed. It was a Steam install so it was done correctly and I re-installed 3 times and exactly the same assets" Installed, Payware (not active)" message.

Very frustrating I like the sim alot and I know the install was done correctly. I thought fps would be the problem which it was not for me but this was unexpected.

Could it be the Servers got it messed up and it's not anything else. That's what I am believing at this point.

Just to add the assets I checked ALL had their download in the games DATA folder along with the config file and etc. files so the files are there just not being recognized by the game for some reason or they are incomplete downloads from the servers..

Last edited:
surfcandy - suggest run a 'Faulty' filter in Content Manager to list (and note) all the incomplete assets/ routes.
Run a quick database repair from the Dev menu in Launcher.
Then stop and reboot your machine, open up the TRS19 Launcher and try to 'Download purchased items' from the Launcher's File menu.
Hopefully, if the servers are running properly, your missing assets will commence downloading again.
(Also check your Steam downloads page for anything that hasn't completed...)

This sim is definitely worth persisting with - once you get things right, it should be relatively easy to maintain through running a daily or weekly 'Out of Date' filter in CM and the occasional Database Repair.
Get in touch with the makers, N3V via the Helpdesk above, if your problems persist. They will do whatever they can to get you up and running happily!

surfcandy - suggest run a 'Faulty' filter in Content Manager to list (and note) all the incomplete assets/ routes.
Run a quick database repair from the Dev menu in Launcher.
Then stop and reboot your machine, open up the TRS19 Launcher and try to 'Download purchased items' from the Launcher's File menu.
Hopefully, if the servers are running properly, your missing assets will commence downloading again.
(Also check your Steam downloads page for anything that hasn't completed...)

This sim is definitely worth persisting with - once you get things right, it should be relatively easy to maintain through running a daily or weekly 'Out of Date' filter in CM and the occasional Database Repair.
Get in touch with the makers, N3V via the Helpdesk above, if your problems persist. They will do whatever they can to get you up and running happily!

Thanks I tried it and no change. With a Steam install there isn't much that can go wrong aside from the wrong or missing files being downloaded from N3V or Steam. I created a ticket at customer support Helpdesk.

Thanks I tried it and no change. With a Steam install there isn't much that can go wrong aside from the wrong or missing files being downloaded from N3V or Steam. I created a ticket at customer support Helpdesk.

It sounds to me as if your account didn't sync up properly and only a portion of the packages downloaded.

There is a way to fix this, but I'm not sure if it's the same method for Steam users. Your best be is to await the help desk. They're great and will contact you back on this.

I'd also suggest doing a cache validation. To do this on Steam right-click the game in the Steam Client, then click Properties, then click Local Files, then click the option to verify game cache (Verify integrity of game files) then wait for this to complete.

If this doesn't fix it then it's an issue at N3V's end.

Shane

I'd also suggest doing a cache validation. To do this on Steam right-click the game in the Steam Client, then click Properties, then click Local Files, then click the option to verify game cache (Verify integrity of game files) then wait for this to complete.

If this doesn't fix it then it's an issue at N3V's end.

Shane

I did that already and re-installed several times with the same missing dependencies appearing each time. This leads me to believe that my Steam purchased DLCs (I only have payware assets installed) are not downloading their assets properly from the N3V's servers.

It sounds to me as if your account didn't sync up properly and only a portion of the packages downloaded.

There is a way to fix this, but I'm not sure if it's the same method for Steam users. Your best be is to await the help desk. They're great and will contact you back on this.

It's possible since I was able to sign in at the "internet" menu at startup successfully. The problem is this is what the Trainz website says "
Registering Trainz
Posted by N3V Games (Zec) on 10 April 2018 03:38 PM
Trainz: A New Era, Trainz Model Railroad 2017, and Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019
Digital Downloads from the Trainz Store
The Trainz Store will automatically register Trainz into your account for you. No serial number is required for, or included with, digital download editions from the Trainz Store.
Steam and AppStore
For versions purchased from Steam, or from the Apple AppStore, these editions will be registered into your account the first time that Trainz successfully logs in after entering your MyTrainz account's username and password into the Trainz Settings.

That's not what happened my purchases from Steam did not appear ( 2 days have passed) in my account that exists at the Trainz website.

Have you checked for a response on the Helpdesk site under My Tickets? The system doesn't always send out an email for some reason.

Shane

Have you checked for a response on the Helpdesk site under My Tickets? The system doesn't always send out an email for some reason.

Shane

I always check the Helpdesk under My Tickets no response there yet. I submitted a file that was requested 2 days ago. I am anxiously waiting and patiently hoping this can be resolved.

Last edited:
Back