Help choose the next Trainz route location

I'm going to throw this out there: Columbia River Gorge, eastward from Portland & Vancouver (USA), BNSF on the north bank, UP on the south bank, plenty of containers, car carriers, plus Amtrak Empire Builder. Can't ask for better scenery either.

good evening everyone and sorry for the late delay as in 1 year late:hehe:

I would really like for a brand new western Maryland route since i live in Frederick Maryland and worked at the Brunswick heritage museum (which is basically a railroad museum on the third floor) i pick Western Maryland as my choice:D

good luck everyone - thanks Matthew:)

I don't know if there ever was a "chosen" route. Someone is working on Royal Gorge, but I think it is an independent effort. I would be with Schweitzerdude voting for the Columbia River Gorge, Post #41 above. Breathtaking scenery and lots of rail traffic!

Can you necro a thread about an idea that looks as if it was never born in the first place!

Depends on what is meant by next version, I read it as the one that follows after TRS19 as it was posted after TRS19 was released.

You asked for an update, so here it is:

Great Smoky Mountain Railroad was chosen to investigate further. We've spent a significant amount of work speccing out the ideal requirements.
We went through google streetmaps in detail, worked out a list of feature assets, industries, types of sessions, branch-line options etc. We contacted local rail tourism operators, looked into appropriate locos and rolling stock.

Ultimately as we calculated the amount of work required to do this fully in-house to the standards we're aiming for, even at this reduced scale it did not then fit within our "
achievable in the time frame" goal.

However, all is not lost!

Instead, we're now planning to introduce this route (along with our research and goals for it) as a feature project for the upcoming "Multiplayer Surveyor" feature.

Yes, I know that also has been upcoming for a while, but we've been having regular in-house tests and made extensive progress on supporting all the streaming required to make operations smooth and in sync. We're about to get our first group of external testers on board "real soon", so it is definitely getting closer!

Thanks for the update Tony. It's interesting that the initial research will be put to good use in the development of multiplayer surveyor.

Ken

Thanks Tony and N3V for your input (as i might just visit that railroad this spring with my family)

i'm looking forward to the multiplayer surveyor which i hope i might like

thanks and keep up the great progress:D

- best wishes Matthew:)

Back