Is this another problem with PBR Textures?

brucem56

These are BN62ft Bulkhead flatcars that come with Legacy of the BN II. They look fine in TANE, but in TRS19 look at the wheels. The bottom half seems to reflect the textures. It's almost like it's transparent.

Using PBR Textures only.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I should note - it seems to look fine when driving over the PBR gravel used for ballast. But over the PBR dirt, it has that see through look.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

You could try reducing the scale of the PBR dirt, If you run at anything over the smallest scale the height mapping will overwhelm anything placed on it, particularly anchored splines like roads and track.
cheers
Graeme

Hi Bruce
Could you possibly provide a few more details for us?

Firstly, could you confirm the full names of the track asset and ground texture asset you are using when in the screenshot you've provided?

Could you also please confirm for me what you have the 'Shader Quality', 'Texture Detail', and 'Post Processing' settings set to in the Trainz Settings? You can find these by following these steps:

1) Double click on the TRS19 icon
2) Click on Trainz Settings
3) Click on the 'Performance' tab

Regards

I should know this already, but I'm drawing a blank ..( that's what happens when you step away from TRAINZ for a while) . How do you change the scale for textures ? I'm using TANE SP3 and have come across similar issues like this. Thanks.

JimDep - There are a couple of dials on the Paint Flyout which allow you to change the scale and radius when you apply textures in Surveyor, Route Edit mode.

They appear to be identical and work the same way across both T:ANE and TRS19.

scaledir.jpg
scaledirtane.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bruce
Could you possibly provide a few more details for us?

Firstly, could you confirm the full names of the track asset and ground texture asset you are using when in the screenshot you've provided?

Could you also please confirm for me what you have the 'Shader Quality', 'Texture Detail', and 'Post Processing' settings set to in the Trainz Settings? You can find these by following these steps:

1) Double click on the TRS19 icon
2) Click on Trainz Settings
3) Click on the 'Performance' tab

Regards

Track Asset - TRS19 Trk Jarrah (no ballast) kuid2:66128:44121:1
Grd Txt - PBR Dirt 1 Seasonal kuid2:661281:85044:5 and PBR Dirt 2 Seasonal kuid2:661281:85049:3

Shader Qual - Ultra
Txt Detail - High
Post Process - Ultra

Back