Help With Routes

railsong

Well as a first time user of TRS19 I am having trouble getting my mind around it all. JCitron has given me help as a fellow Nebraskan which is greatly appreciated. I am still trying to use the included Fall Harvest-Nebraska route, but am getting nowhere. In the past with TANE I mostly created routes running with AI. When I select the Fall Harvest-Nebraska Route I have 3 selections, [1] Edit Route [2] Create Route [3] View Sessions. I select View Sessions. Then I have 2 selections, [1] Create Session [2] Drive Session. I select Drive Session. When loaded I am at the North Platte Airport. Not sure what to do next. I go to the Tools Menu>Find Object>Consists. I now have 4 selections [1] Tram [2] Consist2 [3] Consist4 [4] Consist 6. I select consist2 which is a consist of grain hoppers. Seems like I am in Surveyor. I can attach a Loco and drive the train, but don't know where to go but follow the track and make my own way through switches etc. I am really confused about how I am suppose to work with this route. When I view sessions I only get the Bailey Yard information. I worked for the UP back in the early 60's and was a telegrapher clerk on the main line between North Platte and Cheyenne, so am familiar with that portion of the route. Guess I feel like a dummy but any help would surely be appreciated. This version of Trainz is very interesting so hoping I can get my mind around it without having to get a degree......Thanks so much.....:D

Hi Railsong

When I look at Fall Harvest under Tane I see three sessions. Under view sessions each of those three sessions has instructions or a description of what the session is about. From reading your post it's not clear if you have the three sessions that go with the route. Maybe your install of Fall Harvest is incomplete.

Bob

Hi Railsong

When I look at Fall Harvest under Tane I see three sessions. Under view sessions each of those three sessions has instructions or a description of what the session is about. From reading your post it's not clear if you have the three sessions that go with the route. Maybe your install of Fall Harvest is incomplete.

Bob
Thanks Bob. I just thought I could run the route and sessions in TRS19. When I open up TANE 94916 the Route and Sessions do show up as you said. Is there any way to run the Route and Sessions in the new TRS19? If so how can I do it? Thanks again....

3 month TRS19 user here so forgive if I say something in error.... Sounds like you are selecting first Quick Drive session which does open at airport if I remember correctly. Quick Drives usually open without any consists. This one opens with a loco but the loco is an airliner!. Once you are in session and at airport you need close the Add Train panel on right side. Click what looks like the brake wheel to close it. View should change slightly. No hit the number "4" and right click. You'll get the compass. Hold the right button, move it, and you will "fly" around. Find railroad tracks and stop. Now you can open the "Place Train" window and place a loco or consist and you are ready to drive it around.

The other sessions (Grain Strain, Midnight Rescue, Steam Heritage) will open ready to play with instructions and consists ready to go....

3 month TRS19 user here so forgive if I say something in error.... Sounds like you are selecting first Quick Drive session which does open at airport if I remember correctly. Quick Drives usually open without any consists. This one opens with a loco but the loco is an airliner!. Once you are in session and at airport you need close the Add Train panel on right side. Click what looks like the brake wheel to close it. View should change slightly. No hit the number "4" and right click. You'll get the compass. Hold the right button, move it, and you will "fly" around. Find railroad tracks and stop. Now you can open the "Place Train" window and place a loco or consist and you are ready to drive it around.

The other sessions (Grain Strain, Midnight Rescue, Steam Heritage) will open ready to play with instructions and consists ready to go....

For some reason when I select the Fall Harvest - Nebraska Route in the TRS19 application there are no sessions listed as there is in TANE 94916. Content Manager lists the route as Installed Payware. I am at a loss on how to select a consist that I can drive to an industry and load/unload then go to another industry to load/unload and return to yard in TRS19. I did put a loco on the TRS19 'consist2' which is a consist of grain hoppers, but can't figure out how to go to one of grain industries and do the work needed. In TANE I am used to lay out routes to work AI giving drivers commands on what route to take to get the work done. What am I missing with the new TRS19.... Just don't know why Sessions are not listed in TRS19 to work with...I guess there is a steep learning curve with TRS19. Hopefully I can get my head around it as it looks like a great improvement over past Trainz versions....

Don't know why you don't have any sessions... How did you obtain the route?

As far as AI... Hold Control key and right click on a placed loco to get AI commands. Once you set one you'll see it at bottom of screen to right of speed. If you click the two down carets (arrows) you can add more commands.

To drive hit the three dots on the far right hand side. The 3 dot icon will toggle you between AI, Driver, and in Cab modes.

I suggest you look thru some of the tutorials and such as I understand the TRS19 interace to be quite different than prev versions.

Don't know why you don't have any sessions... How did you obtain the route?

As far as AI... Hold Control key and right click on a placed loco to get AI commands. Once you set one you'll see it at bottom of screen to right of speed. If you click the two down carets (arrows) you can add more commands.

To drive hit the three dots on the far right hand side. The 3 dot icon will toggle you between AI, Driver, and in Cab modes.

I suggest you look thru some of the tutorials and such as I understand the TRS19 interace to be quite different than prev versions.

OK I will find turorials that pertain to TRS19. Thanks for your advice on the AI, Driver, and in Cab modes. Maybe I should just create my own route and learn as I go. Thanks so much....

Back