Returning playern from Trainz 2012 - I need help.

Well - first of all, hello there!

Long story short, I played TRS2012 a lot as a kid and somehow found myself getting a gold membership for a month to test the game. I'm completly lost. Some parts of the GUI-layout are the same. But the download station? The forum itself? I'm honestly lost. I remember the downloadstation to be confusing af. But atm I'm really lost with it. If that is what you get for paying 70+ $ I'm disappointed.

Maybe I'm just dumb but sorting and searching for something is complicated as hell. My search is constantly reverted to all versions of the game.

Playing the game itself is fun though atm. The graphics are awesome and the overall feeling is great. It really awakens childhood memories.

Greets.

TANE and TRS19 have now switched to using a much better interface for the Download Station (DLS) than was previously available in TS12 and earlier. The interface is called Content Manager (CM) and is accessed by selecting Manage Content from the TANE and TRS19 Launcher. The downside, as you have probably already noted, is that it does have a learning curve but once you master it, you will probably never want to go back to the TS12 version of the DLS or the old Web based DLS. The old Web based Download Station, the so called "White Pages", is still available at https://www.auran.com/DLS/ but is very limited in what it can do compared to CM.

Regarding the graphics in TRS19, you are correct it is so much better but a great deal depends on your system specs. The good news is that you can tune the game performance settings to match your system.

I was referring to the online one. Didn't know that there's a new version in the launcher. Thanks!

Is the one from the launcher purely text-based?

I was referring to the online one. Didn't know that there's a new version in the launcher. Thanks!

Is the one from the launcher purely text-based?

No it is not. You can enable, in the settings in the Launcher, to show content as thumbnails.

With the text display, you can double-click on an asset and there is a thumbnail, and if the content is intalled, right-click choose Open... and Preview will give you a real preview as if you are in Surveyor. With this last viewing option, you can look at routes, sessions, and consists as well.

As you'll find out, the new Content Manager is very powerful and the good news is you can have multiple windows (Instances) of it running so you can filter, sort, and vew call kinds of things at the same time.

I recommend too that you right-click on the columns and addin all of them. Adjust the space by dragging the little bar between the columns, and by dragging the title, you can sort the columns how you want. I put type and status on the left followed by name, kuid, build, size, etc. By clicking on a column, you can sort the data ascending or descending. Doing this on the upload date while filtered on download station, will give you the oldest or latest content available for download.

That's way better. Thank you!

Is there a way to filter for e.g passenger cars? Or other more specific things?

Edit: the captchas... grrr...

Back