US Locomotive Rosters listing type and how many still serving?

1611mac

- - . -
Is there a site that lists US locomotive rosters where you can see how many of that type are still active? I can find many rosters but not listed "by type" and "active."

For instance, just saw a CSX SD40-2 #8387 (built 1971) on the Deshler 360 Virtual Railfan cam. Was wondering how many of those are still serving....

Is there a site that lists US locomotive rosters where you can see how many of that type are still active? I can find many rosters but not listed "by type" and "active."

For instance, just saw a CSX SD40-2 #8387 (built 1971) on the Deshler 360 Virtual Railfan cam. Was wondering how many of those are still serving....

We have quite a few SD-40s operating regularly in my neck of the woods, in eastern PA. I see them all the time, both on locals running daily out of Woodbourne, PA yard, and sometimes on long-distance freights. A few days ago, I caught 4 of them pulling a train that was most likely destined for Oak Island, NJ.

I really hate what CSX did with the AC6000s, but I guess it had to be done. It seems they did the same thing with SD60s and SD70aces too. I remember when these first came out when I was a kid. I used to write down the road number of every unit I saw. I also remember back then, when a single CW60AC or SD60M would pull long intermodal trains from the CSX Intermodal yard back home. Very sad, while SD-40s, SD-50s, GP-40s and GP-38s run forever...

Thanks for the link DANDDHUD... I appreciate it. I know there are several rosters similar to that. I wish there was a list that simplified things. Something like just number active by model and by railroad with grand total.

I really hate what CSX did with the AC6000s, but I guess it had to be done. It seems they did the same thing with SD60s and SD70aces too. I remember when these first came out when I was a kid. I used to write down the road number of every unit I saw. I also remember back then, when a single CW60AC or SD60M would pull long intermodal trains from the CSX Intermodal yard back home. Very sad, while SD-40s, SD-50s, GP-40s and GP-38s run forever...

You should put a mothball up now as your avitar.. :)

Thanks for the link DANDDHUD... I appreciate it. I know there are several rosters similar to that. I wish there was a list that simplified things. Something like just number active by model and by railroad with grand total.

You're welcome. Hope it helped.
Dean

Back