A problem with drivers

teddytoot

Ancient Trainzer
Is it now only possible to have the new animated drivers? I have tried designating Alastair sitting, Bradshaw Fred and Willy the Gimp, all of whom are built-in and who are linked to their correct meshes, but in every case I get one of the new drivers who looks rather funny with his lower body below track level. Am I missing something or are all the pre TRS19 drivers useless, even though they are built-in? Will we have to wait for somebody to create a sitting driver. I was using Kemplen's Wickham trolley which needs a visible sitting driver.

Press the little wheel above the bottom left drivers head in Driver mode. The last option listed lets you revert to non animated drivers.

ingha

That doesn't change the driver in the locomotive, only the representation in the HUD (and driver list) is changed. Some locomotives need a sitting driver, without the feet sticking through the floor.

Peter

Hello,

And I would like to have NO driver in the cab, or a way to put an effectively invisible driver mesh there, in my own railcar creations. Why? Because I use the outside-visible-from-cabin and cabin-visible-from-outside options in the "interior" asset. The big animated driver, attached to the main asset at a.driver0, then gets in the way of myself wanting to use the controls to drive the train. Well, these are railcars created by myself and I can put the driver attachment point in the toilet. But that is not elegant; better have the option to choose some "ghost" driver for that specific train.

Paul

I've solved the problem. All one has to do is update the config file trainz-build tag to 4.6 and delete the obsolete tags. To see what is required open one of the new driver configs for comparison. I now have all the ones I mentioned above working and I can now convert others I want.

Back