Why the lack of "Dispatching" sessions?

1611mac

- - . -
Being relatively new to Trainz in general and TRS19 in particular I still haven't found my "niche." I enjoy Driver, Surveyor, Prototypical routes, HO routes, etc. etc.

I really enjoyed running "Dispatching the Action" session in Kickstarter Co 2 and I'm wondering why content creators don't create more dispatching sessions. In fact, "Dispatching the Action" is the only specific "Dispatching" session I have seen.

Yes, I know I can create my own, but I don't think that would be as challenging as running someone else's scenario.

So why no "Dispatching" sessions?

As I don’t have the latest version, could you please describe in more details what this kind of session is and what you like about it?
I created a bunch of sessions (all on the DLS) and am wondering if I either have created one already or would like to create one.

As I don’t have the latest version, could you please describe in more details what this kind of session is and what you like about it?
I created a bunch of sessions (all on the DLS) and am wondering if I either have created one already or would like to create one.

Here is the scenario and tasks in "Dispatchin' the Action" in Kickstarter 2.

Passenger train is to make 6 stops picking up passengers.
10 cars of coal to be delivered to power station
4 cars of pallet goods from Ricohchet to Rubycon
2 cars logs from Clearwater to Gard Family sawmill
3 cars woodchips grom Gard to Horizon
4 cars diesel from Jackson to Daydream
2 cars lumber from Gard to Rosario
4 cars fruits/vegs from Southeast to Ricochet
Leave a rake of 4 CP Rail boxcars at the siding of OnTrack Printing

Consists and power is placed around yard and route. Your job is to select best consists and loco's to do the above tasks as quickly as possible. Make your plan then start assigning your drivers their tasks. Since most of the sources and destinations share one main you must figure out best way to route your traffic without tying everyone else up.

Once I beat the time given for the game (my second try) I started trying different setups/scenarios to see if I can beat my own time. The key is pre-planning and knowing the route so "dispatching" teaches a beginner a lot of basics. (my opinion) I also enjoy "logic" so thinking about things and planning is part of the joy before you ever start the session.

4 out of 5 stars?? Why??

My best time of completion is at 1646. But I only receive 4 stars. They say the passenger service took longer than expected though that is prioritized and runs straight through.

Any ideas?

Being relatively new to Trainz in general and TRS19 in particular I still haven't found my "niche." I enjoy Driver, Surveyor, Prototypical routes, HO routes, etc. etc.

I really enjoyed running "Dispatching the Action" session in Kickstarter Co 2 and I'm wondering why content creators don't create more dispatching sessions. In fact, "Dispatching the Action" is the only specific "Dispatching" session I have seen.

Yes, I know I can create my own, but I don't think that would be as challenging as running someone else's scenario.

So why no "Dispatching" sessions?

You obviously haven't looked all that hard. I have several for a few of my freeware TRS19 routes on the DLS (CC&LE, Progressive, etc)....

Bob

Please note my original post was Jan 2019. Someone brought it back to life. Interesting to see what was on one's mind almost two year ago.

Back