Content Creation - What are you working on?

Well I am hoping to get round to having TRS19 in due course and have started getting back to a large railway project for N. Ireland Railways and Irish Rail. Was put off it for a while due to health issues, etc but slowly trying to get back to what is a large effort. Have completed the 6 rail lines left in Ulster and have track all the way over the Border into IrishRail to Dublin with the branch to Howth off that. Have a large chunk of scenery between Drogheda and Dundalk to get my mind on rather than groan about being so ambitious. I live in Scotland and have travelled over there and took ages to do the 6 routes in the north and instead of stopping there kept getting tempted by the track stopped at the border. So you can guess this Irish project has been ambitious and taken me a while to get back to it. Some may remember a while back that this thing was my aim and there cannot be many Trainzers who visit two other countries to build a Trainz aim! Anyway I am crawling back to it and if anyone who has not seen it can do so via this link as I have slide-shows for the following - Belfast-Bangor, Belfast-Newry border, Belfast-Londonderry, Coleraine-Portrush, Belfast-Larne, temporarily suspended Lisburn-Antrim and the border to Dublin plus the passenger branch to Howth north of Dublin. www.northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com

Just started my first route tonight. Fictional "HO" layout (redundant?) taken from a Kalmbach track plan. It will no doubt end up for my learning only (how many "first" routes are good enough to put on DLS? Ha) but you have to get started somewhere.

Last edited:
Wow bj1888 those 158s looks great.

I am continuing to upgrade my Cornwall route where I'm 100% happy with it. Now the Eastern section is released I have done to Par on the mainline and have done as far as Goss Moor on the Newquay branch, added extra baseboards to either side of the track along the way too to take advantage of how much further can be seen in TANE.

I am currently updating my "SAR Peterborough Division" route from TRS2006 to TRS19. I have

• replaced all the standard gauge tracks (not prototypical) with 3'6" narrow gauge procedural tracks (prototypical)
  • replaced all the billboard and legacy foliage, including tree/grass splines, with Speedtrees and updated foliage
  • updated most of the scenery assets including all building splines with standalone objects
  • replaced all dirt road splines with textures
  • updated most of the textures

I am also using, for the first time in any of my projects, Enhanced Interlocking Towers and I am finding them to be both extremely useful and a lot of fun (and a lot of work with so many towers and so many paths). I may add, if I have the time, the Wilmington branch line which I have started work on but run into a few "issues".

On the "to-do" list is adding ground clutter effects layers and PBF textures - both of which will have to wait until I have scaled their learning curves.

Final completion date: mañana

Just started my first route tonight. Fictional "HO" layout (redundant?) taken from a Kalmbach track plan. It will no doubt end up for my learning only (how many "first" routes are good enough to put on DLS? Ha) but you have to get started somewhere.

Update:
I realize this is "peanuts" to you all but I'm pleased the way my first route is turning out and I've learned much! Does one panel rate being called a loyout/route?

Here's a couple of pics. Note: What little terrain there is (over tunnel & river banks) is rough. It's just "roughed in." Time now to add some signals...

route.jpg

route2.jpg

Right now working on the San Juan Ext. of The D&RGW. Reworking my Item on the DLS which used a number of hog maps to show the central East West Line of thew D&RGW from Denver to Green River UT.

I’ve been interested for a while in creating trackside vignettes. Over the past few weeks I have been perfecting the workflow for creating animated people. Once the basic model(s) are complete they can be reskined to create different people and animated to for different vignettes along the track. I have completed the animation workflow and am now concentrating on perfecting the model(s) in Blender and texturing with Substance Painter.

Here’s a look at an early animation prototype.

I have yet to figure out how to trigger the animation. For example, it would be neat if the above figure on cue tipped his hat to a passing train.

Cayden

I've updated my TMR17/T:ANE DLC "Port Zyd & Fulazturn" model Trainz layout to TRS19 standards -- TRS19 track, PBR 3D textures and TurfFX grasses. At the moment I'm doing the final tiding up -- images, description, testing, ... . Oh so tedious.

When finished I'll feed it into the DLC as an update. In the meantime (full screen / 1080p):

Phil

Last edited:
I've updated my TMR17/T:ANE DLC "Port Syd & Fulazturn" model Trainz layout to TRS19 standards -- TRS19 track, PBR 3D textures and TurfFX grasses. At the moment I'm doing the final tiding up -- images, description, testing, ... . Oh so tedious.

When finished I'll feed it into the DLC as an update. In the meantime (full screen / 1080p):

Phil

This looks awesome. Your routes are a joy to mess around on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although not directly related, has anyone heard of Skyhook Games? They apparently take high-detail commissions for rail simulators, and can work with PBR so a commission for a TRS19 (freeware UK ;) ) loco could be an option. They made the Class 66 for the "new other" simulator so it wouldn't be a terrible idea.

The content creation tools you provided in your list of marketing tools will be useful to me. I read about many things for the first time, so your post turned out to be a good discovery for my company. I want to note that this year I want to try a new way to achieve the trust of our customers. On 1394ta.org, I read about influence marketing, which will help the company become more in demand. I plan to collaborate with the most significant influencers on the most popular and trending social networks. I believe that this is a great way to be on top. What do you think are the most talented influencers on Instagram?

Last edited:
I'm working on a class 101, 20, and 17 using substance painter, along with an array of UK rolling stock like HEA, TGA, Prestwins and others for them.

trying to work on the trinidad suger railway's No.10
blender is hard tho and i have low motivation

Whats-App-Image-2022-04-15-at-6-13-10-PM.jpg

Something a bit different for me.

As a result of some requests, and after checking that I had the original author's permissions to do so, I have been re-building a couple of assets by bendorsey and davesnow. I'm uploading them under my kuid (ie. not replacing the originals). The aim is to fix things like flickering faces (flipped normals), reduce poly-count, implement LOD, minimise the number of texture materials and do a bit of re-skinning to eliminate that obvious "tiled" look.

It's quite a bit of work, and in some ways, harder than building new things from scratch because there are a lot of conflicts and constraints. The one I just finished is bendorsey's Meat Packing Plant.

Bendorsey original: 11,500 triangles/11 materials (m.onetex)
YRq76i8.jpg

My re-build: 7550 --> 490 triangles, 4 materials (m.tbumptex).
WkP2fFe.jpg

Interesting work, but I don't want to do too many of these!

Last edited:
Back