Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Content Creation - What are you working on?

United States of America, Indiana, Carmel

For over a year now, I've been working on a model of the old PRR double-track mainline from New Paris, OH to the Indianapolis Belt Railway. I've built it using TransDEM, and I've got some great track charts, old photos, and other references, so I hope the route will be fairly realistic. But, like so many novice content creators, laying track is one thing. Placing scenery is a whole other skill. Then there's another level that involves triggers, interlockings, etc. It's a lot to learn! I've watched some of the videos, but either my laptop screen is to small or the tutor is going too fast for me to see what they are doing. Maybe someday, somebody in my area will do a weekend "hands-on" seminar...

LoudTrain, better known as Russ Schwartz

United States of America, Hawaii, Kaneohe

I created (in TS12) an over 20 mi route based on a fictional island in the subtropical Pacific, including a tourist train to an active volcano. I could not complete it to the perfection I desired, so did not convert it over to TANE. However, I find the scenery rendering in TS19 to be so much more spectacular than previous versions of Trainz, that I am now in the process of converting the route (and extending it significantly) into TRS19. The effort is going well, and I have about 40% now in TRS19. Expect to release to users in late 2019.

Sourtoe in Hawai'i

I have a non-disclosure clause, so I am afraid I can't fully tell you, you will have to wait for the release of my next route.

But I am allowed to tell you two things...

1, It's not a model railway, it's a different concept to the 'normal' route.

2, It's my first TRS19 effort, with full PBR groundtex and when I have mastered them TFX & Clutter.

I am really enjoying the challenge of learning TRS19, it's not perfect (yet) but it is by far the best Trainz version that I have created routes in.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? At the age of 68 this old dog loves new tricks!
    Graham,
    EM Modelz

Although I don't have the game yet I've been anxious to try out the parallax effect. Been working on some BR locos and stock in hopes for a future route project, preferably when catenary isn't such a chore .

Late Crest Parallax by Ron Hessar, on Flickr
    Last edited by EverTrainz; January 19th, 2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Regards Ron

I've recently got back to working on the Class 158 after a long break from it. The latest things I've added to it are multiple liveries and running numbers and the 3 step brake appears to be working well now, but to control it properly with the HUD I would need to use a custom controls HUD. Anybody know if that is even possible?

My efforts at route creation have all but ceased for now. As I've mentioned before, laying raised track and then catenary on top of it just isn't practical.

Brendan

Well I am hoping to get round to having TRS19 in due course and have started getting back to a large railway project for N. Ireland Railways and Irish Rail. Was put off it for a while due to health issues, etc but slowly trying to get back to what is a large effort. Have completed the 6 rail lines left in Ulster and have track all the way over the Border into IrishRail to Dublin with the branch to Howth off that. Have a large chunk of scenery between Drogheda and Dundalk to get my mind on rather than groan about being so ambitious. I live in Scotland and have travelled over there and took ages to do the 6 routes in the north and instead of stopping there kept getting tempted by the track stopped at the border. So you can guess this Irish project has been ambitious and taken me a while to get back to it. Some may remember a while back that this thing was my aim and there cannot be many Trainzers who visit two other countries to build a Trainz aim! Anyway I am crawling back to it and if anyone who has not seen it can do so via this link as I have slide-shows for the following - Belfast-Bangor, Belfast-Newry border, Belfast-Londonderry, Coleraine-Portrush, Belfast-Larne, temporarily suspended Lisburn-Antrim and the border to Dublin plus the passenger branch to Howth north of Dublin. www.northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com

Just started my first route tonight. Fictional "HO" layout (redundant?) taken from a Kalmbach track plan. It will no doubt end up for my learning only (how many "first" routes are good enough to put on DLS? Ha) but you have to get started somewhere.
    Last edited by 1611mac; January 30th, 2019 at 07:56 AM.
    TRS19 98592: Win 10, ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    (also a Mac install)

Wow bj1888 those 158s looks great.

I am continuing to upgrade my Cornwall route where I'm 100% happy with it. Now the Eastern section is released I have done to Par on the mainline and have done as far as Goss Moor on the Newquay branch, added extra baseboards to either side of the track along the way too to take advantage of how much further can be seen in TANE.

Blog Entries

I am currently updating my "SAR Peterborough Division" route from TRS2006 to TRS19. I have

• replaced all the standard gauge tracks (not prototypical) with 3'6" narrow gauge procedural tracks (prototypical)
    • replaced all the billboard and legacy foliage, including tree/grass splines, with Speedtrees and updated foliage
    • updated most of the scenery assets including all building splines with standalone objects
    • replaced all dirt road splines with textures
    • updated most of the textures

I am also using, for the first time in any of my projects, Enhanced Interlocking Towers and I am finding them to be both extremely useful and a lot of fun (and a lot of work with so many towers and so many paths). I may add, if I have the time, the Wilmington branch line which I have started work on but run into a few "issues".

On the "to-do" list is adding ground clutter effects layers and PBF textures - both of which will have to wait until I have scaled their learning curves.

Final completion date: mañana
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    Just started my first route tonight. Fictional "HO" layout (redundant?) taken from a Kalmbach track plan. It will no doubt end up for my learning only (how many "first" routes are good enough to put on DLS? Ha) but you have to get started somewhere.
    Update:
    I realize this is "peanuts" to you all but I'm pleased the way my first route is turning out and I've learned much! Does one panel rate being called a loyout/route?

Here's a couple of pics. Note: What little terrain there is (over tunnel & river banks) is rough. It's just "roughed in." Time now to add some signals...

TRS19 98592: Win 10, ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    (also a Mac install)

United States of America, Georgia, Hephzibah

Right now working on the San Juan Ext. of The D&RGW. Reworking my Item on the DLS which used a number of hog maps to show the central East West Line of thew D&RGW from Denver to Green River UT.

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

Going to make EMD E7, E8, and E9 for TRS19.

United States of America, Oregon, Portland

Along with Trainboi1 and Ferroequine, working on recreating Promontory as of March 10, 1869:

I’ve been interested for a while in creating trackside vignettes. Over the past few weeks I have been perfecting the workflow for creating animated people. Once the basic model(s) are complete they can be reskined to create different people and animated to for different vignettes along the track. I have completed the animation workflow and am now concentrating on perfecting the model(s) in Blender and texturing with Substance Painter.

Here’s a look at an early animation prototype.

https://youtu.be/UltpQ3NMXvI

I have yet to figure out how to trigger the animation. For example, it would be neat if the above figure on cue tipped his hat to a passing train.

Cayden

I have an idea from myself. Why don't we make the "Jupiter and Constitution" from Disney The Lone Ranger?