Content Creation - What are you working on?

n3vpolsen

Administrator
Hi everyone,

Now that TRS19 is in the hands of many creators we are eager to help with your route creations and to see you utilising the new TRS19 features. We are also interested to see who is working on locos, rolling stock, scenery and more so that we can help you get up to speed with the new PBR pipeline.

If you require some help with Route creation, Trainz tools, asset creation or more, don't be afraid to start a thread in the public content creation forum as our team will try to actively answer and even help you with your development needs.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?12-Content-Creation-Support

We are keen to learn more about what everyone is working on so even if you don't require our help, jump on there and introduce your project with a title, description and images if you have anything worth showing.

Look forward to seeing what everyone is creating!

The Trainz Team

The Trainz Team --

I've had a layout in the DLC stream, first submitted in September of last year. This one:

(Well, not exactly that one. The one above is the narrow gauge variant of the standard gauge layout originally submitted. I did it to while away the time awaiting a response from you guys.)

The last communication I had from The Trainz Team was 21st September, five months ago. I know you have all been doing outstanding and heroic work sorting out the niggles in TRS19, but at this stage feedback of some sort would certainly be appreciated.

Phil

Last edited:
"There was movement at the station for the word had got around ... ." (Banjo Paterson)

Last edited:
Compatibility

New Haven stainless steel observation cars 475 and 476 "Watch Hill" and "Bunker Hill." Strictly speaking these will be TS2009, but as effortlessly usable in TS19 as possible. TS19 feature/advantage: compatibility, a very important and appreciated one!

Up dating 50ft 70ton flatcar PRR,kuid2:58422:1005:3, to FBX/PBR, textures look all wrong in TRS19.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Done and uploaded to DLS.

Last edited:
hi i am working on a fictional route that's 200 miles long end to end with several industries and passenger stations as well.it's half mountain's and half plains.

There was a pretty lengthy discussion about this in the n3v content creation discord. I've been chipping at this project for a few months now but it wont be seeing the light of trainz until the game properly supports 4k textures. While they do technically work in trainz, they will always be resized to a 2k texture in game, and the workaround solution is impractical and a massive waste of time.

ATSF854_5c41034aa2e82.jpg

although i can see how inexperienced creators might abuse such a large texture size, i don't think it should be limited at all, especially considering the introduction of PBR.

earlier this week I started a GP11 and it's mostly modeled at this point, looking at how I'll handle texturing. Also been working on redoing the pilot and underframe area on this F7.

Similar to Matt's dilemma above, I won't be able to reasonably map the corresponding E units at the desired texel resolution due to the 2048 map limitation. Maybe someday...

therock_5c41126d671a7.png

therock_5c41126bd1d47.png

Hi
I am upgrading my catenary system and working on new tracks and animated turnouts.
Also, we are upgrading former hungarian signals with collaboration with Hottrainz team to new standards, and working on a new road pack, and new level crossing system.
25647369_9c03446fc7bf1711e7fc4a246f22015e_xl.jpg

25153563_b139757886d929325aa61c32d5c01f57_xl.jpg

Krisz

Last edited:
I'm working on a container wagon set for TASRail at the request of a Trainzer. There are two traincar assets: a master and a slave wagon. They are intended to work together although I will set up the master version to work independently. This is an in TRS19 view of the master wagon:

TQAY%20master_zpszwn9mwbe.jpg

The assets will be in PBR although nothing spectacular. I'm using these assets to understand and rework my work flow from Blender to Substance Painter and back to Blender for export.

Hi Paul,
We are working, myself and the TZIT team (the same as the Rollins Pass 1910), at the route West from Denver.
The route starts in Denver (CO) and ends a few miles after Hot Sulfur Springs, for a total of about 90 miles.
Spectacular scenery and difficult driving for consists.

The route is seasonal and it is difficult to find valid seasonal items in the DLS.

They generally only have 2 seasons: summer and winter.
We are creating new seasonal objects, bridges and roads are missing.

Also the new built-in PBR groundtextures have only 2 seasons: summer or snow-covered.
We are working on some really seasonal textures.
We are still learning to use groundtextures at best, not all are valid.
We use them only near the tracks, for the funds they make better the traditional normal type groundtextures.

We will also work for truly characteristic sessions.

3q25pfe.jpg

hrejKDD.jpg

iZRIHqB.jpg

J0ExKo9.jpg

:wave:

Hey everyone!

I'm currently working on a route that is entirely fictional, so far I have about 15 km of mainline and 6 km of branches. I am using a pretty terrible laptop, so I can only detail small scenes, but I do those as best as I can. If you want to check the route out, search Valley Railway on the DLS. I'll provide some screenies and a KUID once I get home.

I am currently building a model of a Manitowoc 4000W Crawler Crane for use in TRS2018 and X-plane 11. This brings back memories from the late 1960's when I live near where they were building the twin bridges (Interstate 5) over the Sacramento River between Sacramento and Woodland, Ca. US. Using AC3D ver. 8.3 x64.

For over a year now, I've been working on a model of the old PRR double-track mainline from New Paris, OH to the Indianapolis Belt Railway. I've built it using TransDEM, and I've got some great track charts, old photos, and other references, so I hope the route will be fairly realistic. But, like so many novice content creators, laying track is one thing. Placing scenery is a whole other skill. Then there's another level that involves triggers, interlockings, etc. It's a lot to learn! I've watched some of the videos, but either my laptop screen is to small or the tutor is going too fast for me to see what they are doing. Maybe someday, somebody in my area will do a weekend "hands-on" seminar...

LoudTrain, better known as Russ Schwartz

I created (in TS12) an over 20 mi route based on a fictional island in the subtropical Pacific, including a tourist train to an active volcano. I could not complete it to the perfection I desired, so did not convert it over to TANE. However, I find the scenery rendering in TS19 to be so much more spectacular than previous versions of Trainz, that I am now in the process of converting the route (and extending it significantly) into TRS19. The effort is going well, and I have about 40% now in TRS19. Expect to release to users in late 2019.

Sourtoe in Hawai'i

I have a non-disclosure clause, so I am afraid I can't fully tell you, you will have to wait for the release of my next route. :)

But I am allowed to tell you two things...

1, It's not a model railway, it's a different concept to the 'normal' route.

2, It's my first TRS19 effort, with full PBR groundtex and when I have mastered them TFX & Clutter.

I am really enjoying the challenge of learning TRS19, it's not perfect (yet) but it is by far the best Trainz version that I have created routes in.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? At the age of 68 this old dog loves new tricks!

Although I don't have the game yet I've been anxious to try out the parallax effect. Been working on some BR locos and stock in hopes for a future route project, preferably when catenary isn't such a chore ;) .

Last edited:
I've recently got back to working on the Class 158 after a long break from it. The latest things I've added to it are multiple liveries and running numbers and the 3 step brake appears to be working well now, but to control it properly with the HUD I would need to use a custom controls HUD. Anybody know if that is even possible?

My efforts at route creation have all but ceased for now. As I've mentioned before, laying raised track and then catenary on top of it just isn't practical.

Brendan

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Back