Turfx Before and After screenshots

That's way cool, Dave.

Is there a big frame rate difference with the grass and stuff?

I've been thinking about upgrading my own routes when I have some time, and don't want to do it and end up with a slideshow.

That's way cool, Dave.

Is there a big frame rate difference with the grass and stuff?

I've been thinking about upgrading my own routes when I have some time, and don't want to do it and end up with a slideshow.

I haven't noticed any difference in framerates

I haven't noticed any difference in framerates

I would say that replacing spline grass with TurfFX is about even. Adding TurfFX will add some overhead and it depends on your hardware what the net effect will be.

For lower spec systems, it will hurt, for high end systems, it won't matter much at all.

Same goes for turning on Ultra shaders (and Ultra Shadows of course).

I would say that replacing spline grass with TurfFX is about even. Adding TurfFX will add some overhead and it depends on your hardware what the net effect will be.

For lower spec systems, it will hurt, for high end systems, it won't matter much at all.

Same goes for turning on Ultra shaders (and Ultra Shadows of course).

I'm not replacing grass splines as I have hardly used those at all. I am just painting the Turfx over (or mixing in I should say) the weeds and Queen Anne's Lace that I already had laid next to my track and in forests. To me it certainly makes the weedy embankments next to the tracks and forest floors look much more realistic.

Very effective...

Before...

XlaewNF.jpg

After...

GeTvYdm.jpg

One of TRS2019's best features.
smyers

No need to provide two images when one can be seen as effective. Left of image with FX, right of image without. [FX Long Grass]. Still experimenting. Used with PBX foliage trackside.

Izyz3la.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back