Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem Downloading General Goods kuid:-25:1811

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher824 View Post
    I want to build something in TANE and be able to load it in TMR17 and TRS19 without having to edit anything, just download missing dependencies.
    You can't do that if you save it from T:ane, which you have to do to get the correct build number.

Make the change I suggested above and the route will be compatible with all three versions, with the only problem that TMR17 users might have to download one missing dependency, in order to have a complete obsolete table that will work (and end up with <kuid:-3:10013>). Note that this download will be required for any other routes that have the same issue, so it is very likely that TMR17 users will already have this download, and won't notice that the route refers to an obsolete asset.

United States of America, Florida and Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDan View Post
    You can't do that if you save it from T:ane, which you have to do to get the correct build number.

Make the change I suggested above and the route will be compatible with all three versions, with the only problem that TMR17 users might have to download one missing dependency, in order to have a complete obsolete table that will work (and end up with <kuid:-3:10013>). Note that this download will be required for any other routes that have the same issue, so it is very likely that TMR17 users will already have this download, and won't notice that the route refers to an obsolete asset.
    Here is more about the problem, The General Goods kuid is part of a Freight House I am using, and it does not allow you to change the product from the Surveyor interface. So when you save the Route as a CDP and then load into another version of Trainz, the Freight House moves over correctly, but it's dependencies (General Goods) don't. So when that Freight House loads into TRM17, it can't figure the dependencies out. I can't change Ben Dorsey's asset and load it on the DLC, and I can't change the General Goods asset and put it on the DLC, I don't own any of the rights to do so, and Ben is no longer with us. Here is the info on the asset that the issue originated from...It might be the easiest way to correct my issue to change this asset if possible.

SAP_Rock_Island_Freight_House <kuid:439337:101404> Uses <kuid:-25:1181>
    SAP Rock Island Freight House. Industry interactive with non-visible loads and smoke. Generates non-visible general goods loads for box cars. Will also consume general goods loads from box cars as well. Height adjustable. A modified version of the original 'Rock_Island_Freight_House' mesh and textures by Ben Dorsey and with his permission. Thanks to Ben for his great item and allowing me to do this! Script by Tom Landers.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Check the config file; is it really pointing to exactly that General Goods KUID? Don’t just check dependencies; really check inside the config file.
    If not (which is what I would expect), just delete the General Goods with build 4.5. That will likely simply solve the problem (as each game comes with at least an older version of that asset included).

[QUOTE=Christopher824;1731132]SAP_Rock_Island_Freight_House <kuid:439337:101404> Uses <kuid:-25:1181>
    No it doesn't. That asset depends on <kuid:-3:10013>. If you are looking at dependencies in T:ane then you will see it as some other dependency. The change I suggested will prevent that update so that the system will refer to either an installed version of general goods or a downloadable version.

I note the poster immediately above me who has no registered game has at least twice copied a post that is a year old, reposted some quotes, fails to start a sentence with a capital letter and underlines everything he writes. Does this qualify as spam? I'd hate to flag it if its not, but it rates as weird behaviour surely???