Problems with a turntable and a transfer table

teddytoot

Ancient Trainzer
I have just brought two of my old narrow gauge routes over from TS12 into TRS19. Everything went OK except for two problems which puzzle me.

The first concerns 2m turntable, 600 mm <kuid:175127:32007> by bogesz. It worked in TS12 but in TRS19 the table turns but the track and loco do not. What is puzzling me is that his 9m turntable, 600 mm <kuid:175127:32008> does work, as apart from the actual .im files, textures, folders and config files are identical. This is the config for the 2m one.

Code:
kuid                                    <kuid:175127:32007>
kind                                    "turntable"
region                                  "Hungary"
type                                    "Turntables"
light                                   1
angle                                   0,180
track                                   <kuid:175127:38002>
snapmode                                2
rgb                                     255,200,0

obsolete-table
{
}
mode0                                   "turn_pit"
mode1                                   "turn_spinner"
height-range                            -1,1
asset-filename                          "base"
trainz-build                            2
category-class                          "TR"
category-region-0                       "HU"
category-era-0                          "2000s"
category-era-1                          "1990s"
category-era-2                          "1980s"
category-era-3                          "1970s"
username                                "2m turntable, 600 mm"
author                                  "Bogesz"
organisation                            "TF"
contact-email                           "bognarbalazsmsn.com"
contact-website                         "www.bogesz.cjb.hu"
license                                 "Free for use."

kuid-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:175127:38002>
}

My second problem is even more puzzling. I have a clone of Vulcan's Transfer Table 2 <kuid2:60238:60006:2> where I merely changed the track to 2ft narrow gauge to use as a fiddle yard. In one of the routes and on my test route it works OK, if a bit jerky. However on the other route the table moves but the track and train are left behind and stay stationary. Deleting and re-inserting have no effect. Trainz-build is 2.0 as are bogesz's ones.

Am I expecting too much compatibility with these old items or is there a solution, as I can find no more modern replacements.

There does seem to be some problems with turntables, transfer tables and Helicopter pads. In the cases Ive come across only the rotating ones seem to work with some faults. N3V said it was an asset issue but they did work in early versions of TRS19 and Tane.

Hi guys,

Transfer tables have had the problem before, in that the loco and track can lag behind the movement of the table, I thought the problem had been fixed by N3V before. It was of the nature of "hey, the table has moved let us hurry and catch up to it" and the track jerks along behind the table.

I have loaded the model into TRS19 and this time, the track and loco stay behind as you say until the table has stopped and then they jump to the location of the table. It is a build 2.0 model, but I have just upgraded it to build 3.9 and it still has the same issue. I do not believe that it is a problem with the asset, but think that the coding has been changed with regard to table operation.

Ian

Hi Ian this did not happen in TRS19 9600 but changed with the next beta update to 97***. N3V did get a bug report but they said it was not them but the asset. But like you said it has to be at their end because it did work.

Back