Game closes itself.

I have an Nvidia quadro P1000 but I noted sometime the graph of the card fall suddenly down to zero before to come up again to the normal value. during those falling down the game freeze and from time to time happenes surveyor close down within all the game losing the work done.

Hi all, I posted earlier in this thread that I was having the same problem, game just closes on all but the default Kick starter country routes. Until today!!!

Now I don't know if this was a complete fluke or something has happened, but my Trainz 2019 seems to be working fine now consistently.

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and an AMD Radeon RX580 graphics card.

Two things that I have done that possibly have fixed my issues.

1. I upgraded my AMD graphics driver to the latest 19.2.2
2. I used the extended database repair option - hold down the left Control key whilst left clicking on Developer > Rebuild databse. This database rebuild literally took hours, must of been at least 3 hours or so. That's when I knew something different was happening. Normally database rebuild takes anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes. Why it took so long I have no idea. To be fair I have done this tons of times already prior to this in my desperation to see if I could get TRZ2019 working. I am guessing that something was wrong somewhere and the combimation of updating the graphics driver and doing this extended database repair seems (fingers crossed) to have fixed my issues.

I have restarted the laptop several times and opened TRZ2019 and tried the problematic routes and so far it has worked as expected without fail.

I have no idea if this will help anyone or whether this is all just a complete fluke, but for now at least, my issues have been resolved and TRZ2019 is now working fine on AMD hardware - as it should. I also have T:ANE and that works flawlessly for several years.

Just some notes for info:-

Version - TRZ2019 Build 98592
Source - Direct from Trainzportal digital download
PRocessor - AMD Ryzen 5
Graphics - AMD Radeon RX580
Ram - 16GB
Hardward - Asus ROG Gamming Laptop - Strix

Now I don't know if this was a complete fluke or something has happened, but my Trainz 2019 seems to be working fine now consistently.

Tonight (or last night depending on your time/date zone) is/was a "snow moon", the largest "supermoon" of 2019 - that explains it all:D

I'm doing it [advanced database repair] right now. If it still does it, the next service pack (TRS2019 SP1) may include fixes for this.

EDIT - It took a very short time (about 10 minutes) to do it. It's complete now. And I have NO IDEA how to update my hard drive.:confused:

Last edited:
I recommend running a database repair now that the program has crashed. What's probably occuring now is something got corrupted and that's causing more program crashes.

If you continue to suffer from program closures, you need to look beyond the program its self as it can be a symptom of a lot of things including faulty hardware, bad or corrupted files, drivers, heat, and including insufficient disk and RAM.

If you are unable to increase the amount of physical RAM, meaning DIMMs, and not hard drives as many people get the two mixed up, you can increase your virtual memory.

There are hundreds of articles on how to do this and this is one of the many based on a quick Google search.

https://blogs.systweak.com/2016/09/how-to-increase-virtual-memory-in-windows-10-a-quick-guide/

The general rule is first try system defaults. If you have out-of-memory issues or crashes, try increasing the size. The old general rule used to be 1-1/2 the size of installed memory so in your case a 20GB swap file is a good one to try. If that doesn't work well double that, but I wouldn't go bigger because that can cause overall poor system performance - it's a bit too much to explain here as to why.

Did that, crashed again, when restarted, did not rebuild automatically. And also, the tweaking I did, the allocated memory is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the recommended.

Last edited:
1. I upgraded my AMD graphics driver to the latest 19.2.2

I think it's 19.3.2 because when I looked here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580 and clicked under Windows 10 it said 19.3.2 not 19.2.2.

I also want to know how much space it will take up (Already found it: 327 MB), how long it will take, and if it will wipe out any of my data because I have less than 200 GB remaining on my hard drive (766 GB taken up on a 930 GB hard drive).

I think it's 19.3.2 because when I looked here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580 and clicked under Windows 10 it said 19.3.2 not 19.2.2.

I also want to know how much space it will take up (Already found it: 327 MB), how long it will take, and if it will wipe out any of my data because I have less than 200 GB remaining on my hard drive (766 GB taken up on a 930 GB hard drive).

How long to download depends upon your internet connection speed.

You have plenty of space. A 327 MB versus 200 GB of disk space. A 327 MB file is 1/3 (roughly) of 1 GB.

I do recommend cleaning up stuff you no longer need. If you have TRS19 installed on that drive, go to the Backups folder and clean out any older dates. You can free up a substantial amount of space doing that. I keep 7-days, but go in once a week and wipe out the oldest ones - yes I have gone back to the oldest backups and restored content because I messed up.

So.... Get yourself an external hard disk, and move pictures, documents, downloads, and music to the backup drive. It'll free up space and keep them safer.

I also updated my hard drive. Still does it. So I need a service pack that fixes this situation. Also, how do I contact N3V about this? I have submitted a ticket about the problem.

Last edited:
I also updated my hard drive. Still does it. So I need a service pack that fixes this situation. Also, how do I contact N3V about this? I have submitted a ticket about the problem.

Ticket as you did for direct support, or in the forums.

There are many causes of crashes. These range from old scripts to bad content, or faulty content. The only way to find this stuff is through the process of elimination.

I expanded my hard drive so I have almost a terabyte of space again, and more good news: the crashing seems to only happen when I am exiting out of driver to surveyor.

I had the same problem .
Tried every thing
Think ive fixed it
I have a wide screen TV had game in full screen
Windows dispay recomeded
NVidia grafics same as windows
2019 same.
Kept crashing desktop in survayer

Now set grafics more letterbox gap top and bottom.
Set windows same
2019 same
and grafics card
the same
Dont use full screen
Seems ok now

Hope this makes sence
Im not very tec minded

Matt

I just had that occur as well. I have been build and testing all day so it could be the anything at this point. I ended up doing a database repair and all is good now. It's a good thing too I save early and I save often always before I do anything. This ensures I'm at a point where I can recover and can revert easily rather than pray and hope that if I use the continue and I don't end up opening up a corrupted route or session.

I think I found another clue to this problem in the debug.log file.
The only text I found in there was:
"[0119/123147.390:ERROR:settings.cc(324)] Settings version is not 1"
This was a month after I installed the game, however, this could be the cause. It's also the same day I made this thread.

Back