TRIGGER CHECK and SET JUNCTIONS Rules

big_b

Can't get these rule to work in TRS19 they worked without problems in TANE
Set up a simple straight track with a Y branch with junction set to LH
Set both rules to for consist to change junction to RH at trigger
When entering driver the junction is set to RH before consist even moves and is outside trigger radius

Is there a problem with some rules in TS19 or are different rules req'd ?

I have used both of those rules without any problems in TRS19.

The Set Junctions Rule is not configurable to any consist so it must be used as a child rule of a parent rule, such as the Trigger Check Rule, which can be configured to a consist.

For information on setting up Parent and Child Rules see http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Parent_and_Child_Rules

That's how I have it setup but can't get it to work in TS19
The only difference between Tane setup and TRS19 is in tane I also have it set to trigger signals and it works fine

I set up a new route straight track to a Y set to LH
Added trigger check and set junction as child
works fine.
added a second child trigger multiple signals
neither work now

Tried again with 2 separate trigger checks
one for junction and one for signal
neither work

I was about to report my initial test results (successful) when I saw your latest post. I modified my test route and session to include a signal and the Set Extended Signal Rule with the new rule triggered by the same track trigger that switches the track junction. The new test worked perfectly, the switch was reset and the signal changed to clear when the consist reached the trigger.

PS: The Trigger Multiple Signals Rule sets the selected signals to DANGER (STOP), is that what you wanted?

Last edited:
Yep
To protect crossover of main to branch
Sets junction to turn and shows red to opposite travel to protect while crossing over main

So you set up as 2 child under trigger check and it worked

works fine in tane just cant get it to work in a simple test in TRS19

Gremlins -- might try a DBR and see what happens

Did a data base repair
Got the junction change sorted out but still can't get
( trigger multiple signals ) to work using ( Signal QR 04 ) on route
what signal did you use to test ?

Just a simple NSW semaphore because it's arm position is clearly visible from almost anywhere.

Back