Can't see driver commands if driver changes direction with multiple locos

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
Sorry if this is already in discussion, if so please point me to it I'm in a little rush here:)

On my semi automated layout I have trains with multiple engines. If during their commands they change direction all of the commands disapear, but they are obviously there as the train continues to run fine but this makes checking what it's doing and making alterations very difficult.

In TANE if you switched engines by pressing - or + you'd get the commands back but this doesn't seem to work in this case.

Any ideas?

Are you using multiple drivers or the same driver in the leading locomotive?

I run multiple locos all the time and change directions without any issues, and the only time I've run into problems with losing my commands is when I've somehow had another driver tag along for the ride.

Hi Davie_UCF

I have seen this in the past. The driver and driver commands are allocated to a particular locomotive. When a reversal occurs the focus seems to shift to whichever locomotive is now leading and this locomotive has no driver or driver commands allocated to it. If you click on the original locomotive to return the focus to it you should see the driver commands as normal.

Regards

Brian

Sorry if this is already in discussion, if so please point me to it I'm in a little rush here:)

On my semi automated layout I have trains with multiple engines. If during their commands they change direction all of the commands disapear, but they are obviously there as the train continues to run fine but this makes checking what it's doing and making alterations very difficult.

In TANE if you switched engines by pressing - or + you'd get the commands back but this doesn't seem to work in this case.

Any ideas?

This is an easy one! When you set up your Driver Commands, make sure you use "CHANGE TRAIN DIRECTION" which will take your driver to the leading cab at the end of your consist, as well as, the driver commands originally set.

However, if you use the "Change Direction" command, that is all it will do, leaving no driver or commands displayed.

Cheers,
Roy

This is an easy one! When you set up your Driver Commands, make sure you use "CHANGE TRAIN DIRECTION" which will take your driver to the leading cab at the end of your consist, as well as, the driver commands originally set.

However, if you use the "Change Direction" command, that is all it will do, leaving no driver or commands displayed.

Cheers,
Roy
This one also hides the command string. I have to usually select free roam and manually mouse click the new lead loco to reshow the strings.

I'd consider this a bug.

I'm using "change train direction". What indicates it's a bug is the fact if you click on another driver on another train and then select your previous driver the commands appear again.

I've got trains shunting some with two locos that have this problem every time they change direction. It's frustrating having to click the eye symbol on the driver list to go to another driver and then back every time just to check what's happening. Sometimes I have to pause the game for a couple seconds so the commands don't happen.

This is important when testing AI and seeing where the problem is with intricate commands. Especially when using labels and variables as those commands are done instantly.

What's even more bug proving is on the drivers list it shows these drivers as 'idle' even though they are still moving and carrying out commands!
Can someone from N3V please respond with the hope this will be fixed or adjusted?

I've seen this as well, but when I would select another driver and then come back, the commands are there again

I'd consider this a bug.

I'm using "change train direction". What indicates it's a bug is the fact if you click on another driver on another train and then select your previous driver the commands appear again.

I've got trains shunting some with two locos that have this problem every time they change direction. It's frustrating having to click the eye symbol on the driver list to go to another driver and then back every time just to check what's happening. Sometimes I have to pause the game for a couple seconds so the commands don't happen.

This is important when testing AI and seeing where the problem is with intricate commands. Especially when using labels and variables as those commands are done instantly.

What's even more bug proving is on the drivers list it shows these drivers as 'idle' even though they are still moving and carrying out commands!
Can someone from N3V please respond with the hope this will be fixed or adjusted?

I really don't think there is a bug with the "change train direction" command.

Firstly, I set up a test track in TANE then 3 hours later, I did the same in TRS19.

I laid one long length of track with a trackmark placed at both ends; a few signals to keep the Al Driver focussed and trains running continuously; and then added some simple commands like,...
Drive to trackmark 1 / wait 5 seconds/ change train direction / sound horn / drive to trackmark 2 / wait 5 seconds / change train direction / sound horn / repeat.

Also on the same board I set up two other consists running on a separate circuit with different commands. This allowed me to jump from driver to driver.

Each time I clicked on a driver, the driver was present in the leading cab; then when the 'change train direction' command was activated, the driver exited the cab and took his place in the cabin at the other end of the consist and the driver commands were still displayed, irrespective of which way it was going.

It's as it should be.

The only thing I can think of that may cause a problem;... is if there hasn't been a database rebuild lately. I make sure that I do this 'chore' at least once a week to keep things sweet.

Good luck anyway.

Cheers,
Roy

Back