JR cars wont roll

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
What is the deal with JR cars? I am trying to kick cars out in a yard but the JR cars stop part way down. All other cars seem to roll just fine. I even have the ladder on a .02% grade.

Just a guess here, because I've never used it, but some rolling stock have a "handbrake" property that you can change by CTRL-Right Click in Driver. You may have to release the handbrake on these cars before kicking.

Andrew

Right click on JR car with mouse make sure u release handbrake.
cjCQdHY.jpg

Ok Ill give that a shot, although that doesn't make sense why would the handbrake be on while im moving the train?

I don't know it all seems so random. I tried both settings for the physics button and made sure that the brakes were off. The problem cars seem to be 73' center beams and 50' high cube boxcars. I tried other JR and RRMODS content and they seemed fine. The 50' high cubes did seem to be affected by having the physics box checked (they rolled farther). The center beams stall mid way down the ladder no matter the setting. I also dont TANE physics are quite right, rail cars roll pretty easy in real life.

When using JR cars with hand brakes, are you aware that the switching train and cars have to be in the right direction as set/seen by the consist side bar? They will only roll in the direction set with hand brakes off.

When using JR cars with hand brakes, are you aware that the switching train and cars have to be in the right direction as set/seen by the consist side bar? They will only roll in the direction set with hand brakes off.
No thats a new one, I never knew that made any difference. I just can't figure out why some cars will roll all the way down into the yard and others wont, but I will have to try that, thanks.

Seems like JR cars don't like being kicked when theres more than one. Single cars will roll all the way down. If I kick two or more they go about half way.

Back