Releasing route that contains JR assets

Chris750

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. If I use JR stuff in a route and upload it to the DLS is that ok, or can it only be used for private routes that are not shared for free?

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. If I use JR stuff in a route and upload it to the DLS is that ok, or can it only be used for private routes that are not shared for free?

I don't think JR cares if you use their content in a route, just make sure that you don't reupload or redistribute their content (that would be naughty), and that potential downloaders are aware that the JR content will need to be downloaded separately.

Matt

It does not matter what you use in your route as it is only a reference to the assets used. It only makes it difficult for anyone who downloads your route because those assets will be classed as missing. As said let people know of the locations of missing content. Open CM select your route and list dependencies. Use the plus and built in = false also plus and on download station = false what you are left with will be the missing assets that others wont have.

Thanks guys, I was thinking that when the route is UL it UL the content too, silly of me. Yes, I hate looking for assets and now delete when it says "unknown", too much trouble trying to find it.

Cheers.

You can always say what you need to download from JointedRail in the route asset description, but yes, no uploading of assets that aren't yours.

Back