SDP45

ktain.ny

I was running the Trainz Forge Cascade consist, and thought it might be nice to get an SDP40 to go with it. I bought the engine, and installed it into TANE. However, there is no horn on the engine it seems. Anyone know how to fix this? I paid 16 bucks for the engine and I'm a little frustrated.

Which item is it you purchased? Need to know that before we can help you . May just be a different version of the horn you need

It is this one. Someone in the review section seemed to have the same issue. I can PM you my email/account name/whatever. I was really hoping to run the Cascade tonight... lol.

Still waiting on any kind of response. I'll admit, I'm a bit disappointed with JR right now. There is literally an engine with some scripting error or something, making it have no horn, a PAYWARE engine. However that file still pops up when you buy it, even though JR is aware of the issue.

Really weird guys. I spent 17 dollars I expect the engine to have the basic functions that even a freeware engine will have. I don't wanna compare, but if this was K&L, Steve would've sent me over a new file in 30 minutes, max. I understand you guys are busy but I am a paying customer, I spent 17 dollars on 2 engines, at the very least I expect to get some prompt customer service!

Nearly 24 hours later, still no response from JR. I submitted a ticket but I am still waiting on this file. This is not okay guys.

Still waiting on any kind of response. I'll admit, I'm a bit disappointed with JR right now. There is literally an engine with some scripting error or something, making it have no horn, a PAYWARE engine. However that file still pops up when you buy it, even though JR is aware of the issue.

Really weird guys. I spent 17 dollars I expect the engine to have the basic functions that even a freeware engine will have. I don't wanna compare, but if this was K&L, Steve would've sent me over a new file in 30 minutes, max. I understand you guys are busy but I am a paying customer, I spent 17 dollars on 2 engines, at the very least I expect to get some prompt customer service!

Why are you trying to talk down about Jointed Rail?
You posted this on Friday afternoon, likely they are gone for the day, have no or little weekend support, like a business. Patience young lad.

58170737.jpg

Please calm down and wait for the response for your issue. Generally speaking, you should wait at least 2 business days before following up and continuing to rant. It is the weekend and they do have lives outside of Trainz.

Ktain,

You did submit a ticket but it is much like this thread; that you paid and there is no horn. In the future please provide more information for support, as they more than likely didn't create the items you are inquiring about and can not support you without knowing which ones they are.

It is more likely that something is just wrong with the horn asset. Support will contact you soon with a new one.

Just for future reference the item is <kuid:37581:1072> and the reason it went silent has something to do with it being included with the payware Mojave Sub - Totally out of our control. An updated version has been sent to the DLS for future issues.

Last edited:
Your support ticket has been replied to. Sorry it took longer than usual but you need to be aware that it will typically take up to 24 hrs to get a reply ( during business days, weekends not included even if i do try and make sure they are done then too) and this past 2 days was an exception as I've spent the past 2 days at a train show with less than 6 hours at home ( to sleep).

Last edited:
Thanks for the continued support guys, but even after installing the CDP the horn and bell are still silent on the SDP45. I tried to change it to another hornsound I had lying around that would be appropriate to an SDP45, to no avail. The config is in an odd format, most likely to prevent piracy. I really hope I don't have to buy Mojave to get this engine working that would totally suck.

Sure it's not open for edit? I pulled that from my own install and all works fine there. Its not an engine problem so it's the horn sound here

I did, that only marked the silent horn as being obsolete, it didn't replace it. I'd like to modify the Config but it is in an odd format and there isn't any CCP in T:ANE, so there is no way to change out the horn :(

If it marks the other one obsolete that was installed, thats going to be the new horn thats now functioning.

You can also download the latest version that therock put on the DLS as well. Either way both of those work.

I have the same SDP45 two pack, did what Per Rock mention with the DLS download, and voila! It works now. Thank you so much!

Back