Gold Sub Frecciarossa preview

grazlash

Route Builder
Is there anything I need to do to download this preview? I've tried Download Purchased Items, removing my user name and password but still nothing shows up. Nothing in the store and no idea what to expect or do from the email. I do have a yearly Gold Sub.
cheers
Graeme

It's the same for me too. I have no idea where or how to download the Frecciarossa Preview. I am also a Gold Subscriber.

It's Monday and N3V are back at work......Still no sign of a Frecciarossa, though at 400kph it should probably have been here by now.
The Newsletter did make it sound like it was available now for preview.
Graeme

It appears the "Frecce" was receiving some unscheduled maintenance ;)

We're very sorry for the delay in issuing the resource to your accounts, but it will be there for download next time you start Trainz.

I can hear that train a comin'.
Thanks Zec and Tony, I'm downloading it now. :)
Strangely, it's actually downloading very quickly.
cheers
Graeme

Hi there,
thanks for your feedback and compliments here. It's now about one year of development time for this gem and I hope u like the way I want to do rolling stock in the future. There is another promise here on my side, it won't take another year before u get new rolling stock in that (or even better) quality. TRS2019 can handle that very easy.
Please keep in mind that there are plenty of functions and there is a complex manual if u want to do more with that train. You can find it here: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Frecciarossa.
Besides, the apperance of the animated passengers depends if passengers are loaded into the Train or not.

Greethings from Germany,
Matthias

To be quite frank, Model is beautiful. It's EU, and I'm a US guy, but I tested it for QA sake. Seems fine. Not my cup of tea though.

I do have to make a comment, which more towards N3V and NOT the maker of this great model.

are we really already going to start the DLC train not even 1 month after TRS2019 went out of Early Access? Are we really starting this that early? Not even 1 patch has come out for the final build, and we already starting to pump DLC? YIKES!

This is one small consist, and its sessions were nothing special at all. Whatever this be charged, I think is too high and too soon. This should of been thrown in the base route and sessions to begin with. I wouldn't pay for this, or if it was US I still wouldn't. Not even 30 days and we already getting DLC already.

Not a fan.. With not even 30 days passing, N3V is now approaching of what other companies do, care about the $ before the product.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the train.
But the cover of the coupling is retired in my case. There are two possibilities: RTFM, or the train has to go back for a depot maintenance. :)

Regards
Swordfish

To be quite frank, Model is beautiful. It's EU, and I'm a US guy, but I tested it for QA sake. Seems fine. Not my cup of tea though.

I do have to make a comment, which more towards N3V and NOT the maker of this great model.

are we really already going to start the DLC train not even 1 month after TRS2019 went out of Early Access? Are we really starting this that early? Not even 1 patch has come out for the final build, and we already starting to pump DLC? YIKES!

This is one small consist, and its sessions were nothing special at all. Whatever this be charged, I think is too high and too soon. This should of been thrown in the base route and sessions to begin with. I wouldn't pay for this, or if it was US I still wouldn't. Not even 30 days and we already getting DLC already.

Not a fan.. With not even 30 days passing, N3V is now approaching of what other companies do, care about the $ before the product.
Mate, your vent at N3V is meaningless and shows a lack of understanding.
1. N3V provide the simulator and absolutely minimal content, even most of that is quite old.
2. Content creators (like me) create and provide the content, be it freeware, built-in, Payware, DLS, DLC, all of it.
3. N3V provide a portal for content creators to sell their DLC as payware - N3V share in the profits as compensation for providing the back end to sell the DLC.
4. Content creators like Mattias have every right to be compensated for their magnificent efforts which are often many months in the making and can release whenever he likes and charge whatever he thinks will get the best return on the investment of his time and expertise.
5. N3V are a company and what company doesn't care about the bottom line, but they have proven time and again that they care about making a quality product and care about their customers and their experiences. I can't think of any other company where the CEO gets involved with troubleshooting game issues on the forums. The helpdesk is second to none - more like talking over the fence with the bloke next door, than other game devlopers idea of take a number and when someone on the net solves the problem that will be your answer.
Tony must have a hide like a rhino to cop what he does on here.
Now that your targets are separated, you know who to have a go at about whatever......
Graeme

Last edited:
i am happy to see the DLC coming, i hope to see more of it, more JR Locos, more trains from other countries, more routes, and especially many more sessions for the created routes. i don't wan't dovetail train sim DLC prices, just more routes, Indiana, kentucky, central U.S payware routes. just my thoughts.

Hi there,
I am aware that payware dlc is always a topic which is not suitable for everyone. That's ok I understand that. The reason why Frecciarossa is a payware dlc and not part of the main product is my decision not N3V.
Here's why, for the main product you got a lot of my content for free. Orient-Express PBR for example. It's a state of the art trainset and would be very good as a payware dlc. The reason is simple: I love Trainz and TRS 2019 is the best Trainz ever and can display a train in a way which was not even thinkable before. So it deserves really incredible content.

Now some of you are asking why Frecciarossa is not part of the main product. The reason is simple too, Freccio is NOT a "simple" asset. It is - by far - the most complex trainset ever created by me and making it possible was really, really expensive. To get you an idea even the research for it cost more than 1000 bucks and there is none of my time is included here. I can't count the hours I needed to create this train but to sum it up it was about a year development time.
Therefore it can't be for free. There has to be some revenue to make such projects and you get a train which is fully accessable with everything customized, tons of functions and several thousand code lines of script.
There are even animated passengers which were originally not intended to be part of it, but as its developed you'll get it.

So if it works as dlc there will be more trains like this whith much more details (yeah thats possible and already developed!) but this costs time. Frecciarossa is not the end of the details...it's the beginning.
I know that some of you disagree and some of you agree but in the end its up to you where this train is going to ;).

Greethings from Germany,
Matthias

Last edited:
Hi there,
I am aware that payware dlc is always a topic which is not suitable for everyone. That's ok I understand that. The reason why Frecciarossa is a payware dlc and not part of the main product is my decision not N3V.
Here's why, for the main product you got a lot of my content for free. Orient-Express PBR for example. It's a state of the art trainset and would be very good as a payware dlc. The reason is simple: I love Trainz and TRS 2019 is the best Trainz ever and can display a train in a way which was not even thinkable before. So it deserves really incredible content.

Now some of you are asking why Frecciarossa is not part of the main product. The reason is simple too, Freccio is NOT a "simple" asset. It is - by far - the most complex trainset ever created by me and making it possible was really, really expensive. To get you an idea even the research for it cost more than 1000 bucks and there is none of my time is included here. I can't count the hours I needed to create this train but to sum it up it was about a year development time.
Therefore it can't be for free. There has to be some revenue to make such projects and you get a train which is fully accessable with everything customized, tons of functions and several thousand code lines of script.
There are even animated passengers which were originally not intended to be part of it, but as its developed you'll get it.

So if it works as dlc there will be more trains like this whith much more details (yeah thats possible and already developed!) but this costs time. Frecciarossa is not the end of the details...it's the beginning.
I know that some of you disagree and some of you agree but in the end its up to you where this train is going to ;).

Greethings from Germany,
Matthias

Matthias,

Thank you for the background information on the project, but there's no need to justify why want to make this DLC or not. That's your decision and as always some people will disagree or agree.

Heck disagreeing and contemplating, then discussing more and disagreeing why we agree to disagree, is a pastime for Trainzers here in the forums. :)

Justify myself was not my intension but sometimes it helps to have some background information. Some really complex things seems sometimes very simple. That's okay and it's my job to handle that invisible for you guys but sometimes background information helps. Looking towards German content for example I have to pay the owner Deutsche Bahn for each logo or registered trademark I have to use.
Anyway another idea behind my DLC is also to fund upcoming projects. As I am a German railfan my favourites are of course German trains but I also love international. While it is fairly "cheap" and easy to go to Italy for me some other countries are a far bigger challenge. I can't let share with you what it's in my mind but there are some cool trains in this world I want to build.
So besides buying just that train you also support that vision I have.

Matthias

Back