Replacing "Frogged" Track with Procedural Track

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
I have a route that has track with placed frogs at every switch. How would I completely replace the track that has placed frogs with the new Procedural Track, eliminating the placed frogs? Or would I have to fix every switch "by hand"?

I would imagine ... That you would have to delete the frogs from the CM ... And click "Delete Missing Dependencies" on the route ... then go about replacing all the track, one by one ... sounds like lots of FUN (then at a later date, re-download the frogs for other routes that use them)

Last edited:
I have a route that has track with placed frogs at every switch. How would I completely replace the track that has placed frogs with the new Procedural Track, eliminating the placed frogs? Or would I have to fix every switch "by hand"?
Probably the simplest is to delete the frog assets, delete missing assets in the route, then do a global replace for each track type with its matching procedural track. You would probably then have to reinstate the frogs and replace them at a number of locations that the procedural tracks don't handle, but that would likely be easier then deleting each one manually.

Found that just replacing the track is fine, the placed frogs cover the procedural ones.

ek3_tane3_procedural.jpg

Harold

Now that there are procedural tracks with visible open/closed points ... There seems to be little need for the unrealistic "Trainz-Big Fat Fuzzy Red/Green Arrows" that have a huge Red switch lever circle

Dave,

It's a manual process.

Replace the track with your favorite procedural track then visit the switches and delete the fake frogs, or you could leave them in place because they're too many to do manually.

Unfortunately, the Bulk update/replace/delete, delete part doesn't delete trackside objects!

The alternative is to delete these objects in Content Manager and then do a delete missing assets in Surveyor.

When I redid the Fond Du Lac Branch track, I just made frog removal one step in the process at each turnout. I used a different procedural track from the main for most sidings and spurs, so had to be there anyway. (In 30 miles there was only one switch that couldn't be relaid in procedural.)

:B~)

Hello all:

I would be nice if we had some good looking US style procedural track to work with instead of the European type then the frogs and such could be automatically placed .

Just saying that's all

Hello all:

I would be nice if we had some good looking US style procedural track to work with instead of the European type then the frogs and such could be automatically placed .

Just saying that's all

I agree. The tie spacing is too far apart, and the rails are too thin for North American use where we run really heavy long mainline trains. The thinner railed track does work for branch lines and sidings.

I agree. The tie spacing is too far apart, and the rails are too thin for North American use where we run really heavy long mainline trains. The thinner railed track does work for branch lines and sidings.
The lack of US track is more about lack of spikes and tieplates.

Harold

Clone a random track object. Replace all frogs with cloned track object. Delete cloned track object asset in CM. Remove missing dependencies from route. Done.

Back