NC&StL 576 move

leeferr

thanks for the memories
I created the NC&StL 576 for Trainz a few years ago and wanted to update everyone on the prototype. I'm a member of the group restoring the locomotive and we've spent this past week getting it loaded up for relocation out of Centennial Park in Nashville. We have been working on it for two years now. We will be moving it this Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 to live track. We contracted with Mommoet to move the locomotive approx. 2 miles down Charlotte Ave in Nashville to a yard where we will complete restoration of the brakes. We anticipate that the brake completion will take approx. 4 to 6 weeks at which point CSX will me moving it for us to the Tennessee Central Railroad Museum yard on the Nashville and Eastern line where we will complete restoration and the ultimate commencement of excursion service from downtown Nashville to points east on the Nashville and Eastern line. It's amazing the condition that the locomotive is in after sitting idle for 65 years. Of course, it was only 11 years old when it was parked and was in excellent condition when it was parked. Follow us on NashvilleSteam.org

Back