Finding Sessions for Routes?

drewhosick

I've read a few older posts where it's difficult to find sessions for installed routes. Has a new way been offered?

I have the base game plus Canadian Rocky Roger's Pass plus a few freeware routes. I'd love to find some sessions set up for the two Canadian Rocky Routes(Rogers' plus the included one in 2019). I'd also like to find some sessions for other routes included as well.

I agree it is a problem but the solution is very much in the hands of the route and session creators and how they name and describe their sessions. Some solutions that have been offered in those other threads are still good:-

• search for sessions created by the same person who created the route (but sessions for a route can be created by others)
  • send a message to the route creator politely asking if he has created any session for the route or knows of any created by others

[Grumpy Old Man Mode ON]

In an ideal world, sessions creators would include in the session title the name of the route (e.g. "East Freight Session for XYZ Route") and in the description, but we do not live in an ideal world. Instead we get session titles such as "Great new freight session" and descriptions that consist only of "Try it, you will love it!".

[Grumpy Old Man Mode OFF]

On one route I uploaded I included the session as a dependency, similar to how a session has the route as a dependency.
It works.
It was pointed out that as soon as you alter the route that affiliation is lost but the session will still be on the hdd but may not run correctly if the rail system etc is altered.

Yeah, I wish that too. Searched for a session for the Canadian Rocky Mountain Rogers Pass and not a single one came up. Tried a few other things like CRM or CRMR and no luck either. Would have thought at least some people may have shared sessions for it. Also tried author name and it just came up with the ones he included originally

[Grumpy Old Man Mode ON]

In an ideal world, sessions creators would include in the session title the name of the route (e.g. "East Freight Session for XYZ Route") and in the description, but we do not live in an ideal world. Instead we get session titles such as "Great new freight session" and descriptions that consist only of "Try it, you will love it!".

[Grumpy Old Man Mode ON]

Thanks, that never even cam into mind. Now, if I upload sessions, I'll do that. See? Even grumpy old men can still pass on wisdom!

Back