In-Game Downloader Being Stupid

BNSF1995

Not-so-proud American
The in-game downloader is being stupid. It won't download all of the assets for the ECML Edinburgh-Dundee route, the sessions for the Cornish route, and deps for several British steam locomotives.

I have no idea what's going on.

And before you redirect me to Help:In-game Downloading on WikiBooks, that doesn't help me at all.

EDIT: I tried downloading an asset for one of the steamers, and got this error: Unable to download asset. Please check your MyTrainz login details.

I checked my login details, and they're fine. I think the DLS is going rogue again.

Last edited:
I don't have FCT. And by the looks of it, the free server has indeed gone loopy on us, as usual.

You don't need an FCT to download DLC assets (ECML and Cornwall). The download speed for all DLC and Trainz Store content is the same for everyone, FCT or no FCT. The only place where having an FCT is an advantage is downloading from the DLS.

The graph shows the DLS download performance only, not DLC or Trainz Store.

DLS performance can vary enormously - the number of download attempts, particularly from unregistered users (which are rejected), is just one factor. Time of day is another - download demand may be heavier in the evenings and night European time and, a few hours later, USA time. Evening and night downloads here (Aus/NZ) are usually better because most US/European downloaders have gone to bed by then.

Come back after a few hours and see if it makes any difference.

You don't need an FCT to download DLC assets (ECML and Cornwall). The download speed for all DLC and Trainz Store content is the same for everyone, FCT or no FCT. The only place where having an FCT is an advantage is downloading from the DLS.

The graph shows the DLS download performance only, not DLC or Trainz Store.

DLS performance can vary enormously - the number of download attempts, particularly from unregistered users (which are rejected), is just one factor. Time of day is another - download demand may be heavier in the evenings and night European time and, a few hours later, USA time. Evening and night downloads here (Aus/NZ) are usually better because most US/European downloaders have gone to bed by then.

Come back after a few hours and see if it makes any difference.

Please spell out the acronyms DLC and DLS for all us laymen so we know the difference. Thank you!

Okay, this is just ridiculous. The in-game downloader is STILL not downloading all the assets for built-in content. Edinburgh-Dundee is still not downloading the missing assets (that and it's sessions are non-existent aside from QuickDrive), while Cornwall still has several sessions with locomotives and rolling stock missing assets, not to mention the fact that the TRS2019 version won't show up in the route menu, only the T:ANE version; Cornwall will only show up if you select the Premium filter.

Am I doing something wrong? Does my using Steam have something to do with it?

EDIT: CRISIS RESOLVED. I followed the steps to reinstall DLC on the wiki, and it worked.

Last edited:
Am I doing something wrong? Does my using Steam have something to do with it?

I don't have Steam but from my reading of earlier posts on the matter it seems that Steam users can still download DLC items directly from the N3V Trainz Store.

A possible solution that has worked for similar problems during the beta testing stage is ...

1. From the Trainz Launcher, select Trainz Settings then Internet.
  2. Delete your username and press Enter, wait for the message "No MyTrainz login details set"
  3. then re-enter your username, press enter and wait for the message "MyTrainz login succeeded ...".

There is another method which involves clicking the "Purchase Content" link from the Trainz Launcher but I have never needed to try that one.

Back