Hungry Horse Timber-WIP

rick1958

view_media_post
I've had a lot of fun this past year working (on and off) on my version of the Hungry Horse Timber RR. I've tamed down the mountains and grades and thought I'd share a couple screenshots. Only the track is laid to the future town of Hungry horse to the right which is not shown. Like any model railroad, it's never finished and I still have a long way to go. Critique always welcome.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
I like the layout and the scenery so far. The textures look great, but the next to last shot with the tunnel looks like maybe a billboard tree? Is this T:ANE?

Thanks for the input Forester, It's MR17, and you got me on the trees. "Oak 25" has always been my go-to tree. I like the fullness and color, but unfortunately, it's dated back to build 2.2. I may have to switch them out. I'm not sure. I started with the speed trees, but quickly reverted.
Well... From following these forums and the later Trainz releases, I could see the interest US backwoods- Narrow Gauge has been dwindling into Extinction. The lack of response to this thread even deepens these thoughts. Sad, but that's the main reason I have zero interest in even investing in 2019. I'm still primarily using Slugsmasher's, Shortline2's, Bdeal's and Prowler's content. All of which mostly date back to '04.
It seems MR17 never really caught on either. I've been a hands-on model railroader for 50 years, and it's kind'a fun and challenging to "go back." Oh well, move over dinosaurs

I have a soft spot for narrow gauge myself. If you take a look on the Download Station, you'll see I've got two model railroadz with a narrow gauge theme: Model Trainz - Thunder Valley & Midland, <kuid2:289739:100569:2>, and Model Trainz - DRGW San Miguel Branch, <kuid:289739:101285>.

Hi Rick --

Narrow gauge, and in particular narrow gauge model railroads, are alive and well. And popular. I've uploaded several to the Download Station. Search with "philskene" as the author.

Even an aging Luddite like me moves on. You will find TRS19 is much, much better than any previous version. This is my latest effort at NG modeling in TRS19:

Keep at it. We can never have too may model layouts.

Phil

Looking great Phil, like all your stuff. I know they say '19 will run on any computer that will run Tane, but with what quality? Your graphics and shadows are off the charts. I have am older 2.6 processor with a 1050 card. I'm not sure this old mule is going to pull the cart.

rick --

I have a quad core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz, 16GB RAM and a GTX 1070 with 6GB RAM so it's a couple of steps above yours.

Actually, just looking at the latest MSY price list, that graphics card is now about half the price I paid for it. But that might have been in the era when they were in high demand for bit coin mining.

Phil

That GTX 1070 with 6GB. MSY Australian prices. Gigabyte = $399. Less in your "real" money. Yours must have been a very cheap PC!

Back