Narrow gauge Locos and rolling stock

LDCrossjr

Dose anyone know where I can download narrow gauge engines and rolling stock? I tried downloading some C&S stuff from trainz forge but some are missing dependencies.
I have trainz 2012.

Make sure your TS12 copy is registered properly, otherwise, you can't download from the DLS.

Look for content with 36 inch, 36-in, 42 inch, 42-in, 24 inch, and other variants of the names as well as metric equivalents. There's some gorgeous stuff from all over the world that is quite suitable for a narrow gauge route.

Dose anyone know where I can download narrow gauge engines and rolling stock? I tried downloading some C&S stuff from trainz forge but some are missing dependencies.
I have trainz 2012.

What version of TS2012 are you running. 49922 or TS2012 SP1 HF4 61348.

The reason why I ask is there is a lot of 36in or 3ft NG around. Most of it works in Ver 3.6 or below. I've got about 160 to 180 items of loco's & rolling stock that work well in TS2010 Ver 3.3 or below. 85% of that V3.3 NG content works in TS2012 49922. Some of it shows warnings, but still works. Once you install it in TS2012 SP1 57xxx or above, most of those "warnings" turn to "errors" and the contents no-longer works.

Once you go above TS2012 49922 you loose the "old compatible mode"

In the earlier days of Trainz's, more loco's & rolling stock where built - made available in 36in - 3ft gauge, than any of the other NG sizes. In recent years, where seeing that gap narrow, with more of 30in - (2ft 6in) & 2ft gauges becoming available.

My favorite NG is still 3ft, because of the amount of content available for it. Some of the older 3ft gauge contents is slowly getting "updated" - "error's corrected" to work in TS2012 SP1 HF4 & above.

Cheers, Mac.

Last edited:
Back