Why the Trainz Forum is Not Black & White ?

cascaderailroad

Why are all webpages so colored with smart alec colors ?

The Bulletin Trainz Forum has always had a rather grayish type colored font ... and the type has never been a true black color ... instead it is a pale blue on a white background ... WTF are these webpage designers trying to do ? Make us all go blind ... trying to read a light green type on an orange background ... are web page designers heads (and eyes) up their hindquarters ? WTH were they thinking ... "Oh Yahh ... Blue type on white background makes for GOOD viewing ... SURE"

Why are all webpages so colored with smart alec colors ?

The Bulletin Trainz Forum has always had a rather grayish type colored font ... and the type has never been a true black color ... instead it is a pale blue on a white background ... WTF are these webpage designers trying to do ? Make us all go blind ... trying to read a light green type on an orange background ... are web page designers heads (and eyes) up their hindquarters ? WTH were they thinking ... "Oh Yahh ... Blue type on white background makes for GOOD viewing ... SURE"

Do you have eyesight issues? or perhaps color blind ?

In the grand scheme of things, its a pretty minor issue, I can read it fine and there is an argument that pure black and white is more a strain on your eyesight due to the extra contrast.
Now if they had designed this forum like some of the execrable powerpoints I've had inflicted upon me by people who should know better ( and who were paid a pretty penny to torture us with them for hours on end ) ,tiny , spindly green text on blue backgrounds etc, you'd have a right to complain ........ :)

Yes ... I DO have eyesight problems ... I DO have a problem Wit' Dat" ? While we are at the issue ... Why did Microsoft produce a total abortion of a program as Windows10 ? (a bloody premature baby, rushed out of the womb, and spilled out all over the floor ... Taa Dahh ... Here it is) It is totally AWEFUL ... You can't easily browse you PC ... can't even find "Control Panel" without jumping through multiple drop down lists of neverending HOOP's

I could care less about the viewpoint that : "Pure black and white is more a strain on your eyesight due to the extra contrast"

I want to see the facts spelled out in pure Black & White

Who the F is running this show ? Some colorblind smart alec, ning come poop ?

I tried to read the ingredients, and cooking instructions on a bag of peas ... it was in a orange background, with light green type, totally unreadable without a handheld magnifying glass ... WTF ?

It is no wonder why I cracked the JA file, and made the blinding yellow compass completely gray, got rid of the blinding R/G big fat fuzzy switch arrows, and totally eliminated the "X" derailed icon over a derail

Last edited:
Gidday cascaderailroad - The default setting for the text in my vBulletin Trainz Forum is for a black font on a light grey background.
The Thread headings are all dark blue on a white background.
While I totally agree with you on the need for easy UI legibility, I am NOT see the colors that you apparently are seeing.

Can you please do me a favour and go to the Forum General Settings Options (under the Forum Actions Menu bar) and check to see that you are using the default full-screen (and NOT Mobile) settings and that it is set to the Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing mode?

If you have this set to anything else, it might explain the issues you've mentioned.

To check the status of 'Standard' styles mode vs 'Mobile' styles mode, go to the combo box on the bottom left of the screen (just above the vBulletin footer) and select --Trainz Forum style instead of Mobile styles (OR Vice versa if you think the Mobile Style is easier to read!!)

Last edited:
Yes ... I DO have eyesight problems ... I DO have a problem Wit' Dat" ? While we are at the issue ... Why did Microsoft produce a total abortion of a program as Windows10 ? (a bloody premature baby, rushed out of the womb, and spilled out all over the floor ... Taa Dahh ... Here it is) It is totally AWEFUL ... You can't easily browse you PC ... can't even find "Control Panel" without jumping through multiple drop down lists of neverending HOOP's

I could care less about the viewpoint that : "Pure black and white is more a strain on your eyesight due to the extra contrast"

I want to see the facts spelled out in pure Black & White

Who the F is running this show ? Some colorblind smart alec, ning come poop ?

I tried to read the ingredients, and cooking instructions on a bag of peas ... it was in a orange background, with light green type, totally unreadable without a handheld magnifying glass ... WTF ?

It is no wonder why I cracked the JA file, and made the blinding yellow compass completely gray, got rid of the blinding R/G big fat fuzzy switch arrows, and totally eliminated the "X" derailed icon over a derail

who ever told you that you were funny needs repetitively slapped in the face.

Quick reality check: Is this the same format (and colours) you're seeing Cascaderailroad?

forumUI.jpg

===

The screen-snip above is (a somewhat fuzzy) version of what I see. (Didn't bother to improve the JPEG rendering quality). Actual forum posts look sharper and cleaner...

Last edited:
The forum font type is a medium gray/black color, and is not even close to being pure black ... The forum headers and titles are a medium light blue color, whereas they would be more readable if their color was pure black ... The forum background is not a pure white, and is instead a light shade of gray ... And they have always been these obserd colors from the beginning ... Window10 makes things even worse ... Totally unreadable ... I tried to uninstall windows10, and install windows7 ... It will not install ... The Comcast repairman says: My one PC will not even connect to the router, as it can not even see the modem, even when connected by an Ethernet cable... It was running great until the internet Comcast Modem disconnected ... Alexa no longer works ... My GF can not even fix it via the Alexa app ... My present new low end 64bit PC will never even be capable of running any Trainz program ... My old 64bit PC still works great in windows7, and runs all the versions of Trainz very well indeed ...

But the forum fonts and all font colors all across the World Wide Web have always been discolored by some smart Alec ningcompoop, hell bent on devising some updated, more bright and shinier, radically colored, new fangled obserd color scheme, that they themselves think the rudely mismatched colors are totally totally radical and totally narley ... Why do they have to keep changing things, that were not broken in the first place ?

I absolutely hate windows10 !

Last edited:
The forum font type is a medium gray/black color, and is not even close to being pure black ... The forum headers and titles are a medium light blue color, whereas they would be more readable if their color was pure black ... The forum background is not a pure white, and is instead a light shade of gray ... And they have always been these obserd colors from the beginning ... Window10 makes things even worse ... Totally unreadable ... I tried to uninstall windows10, and install windows7 ... It will not install ... The Comcast repairman says: My one PC will not even connect to the router, as it can not even see the modem, even when connected by an Ethernet cable... It was running great until the internet Comcast Modem disconnected ... Alexa no longer works ... My GF can not even fix it via the Alexa app ... My present new low end 64bit PC will never even be capable of running any Trainz program ... My old 64bit PC still works great in windows7, and runs all the versions of Trainz very well indeed ...

But the forum fonts and all font colors all across the World Wide Web have always been discolored by some smart Alec ningcompoop, hell bent on devising some updated, more bright and shinier, radically colored, new fangled obserd color scheme, that they themselves think the rudely mismatched colors are totally totally radical and totally narley ... Why do they have to keep changing things, that were not broken in the first place ?

I absolutely hate windows10 !
It sounds to me like either your monitor is seriously skewed or your eyesight is off, or both. The forum colour scheme is not mismatched or garish, it’s black ,light blue and white and to quote someone or other “methinks thou dost protest too much “ if it’s that much of a problem , change everything to negative ��

The forum font type is a medium gray/black color, and is not even close to being pure black

It's &H333333. It is not full black, but close to it (80%, according to some accounts). It's certainly not medium. It will be displayed with antialiasing by your display driver, so it might appear lighter than you expect, especially if you are using reduced resolution. It might also be rendered using technology that is not appropriate to your monitor, which can cause verticals to disappear. Or perhaps your monitor is incorrectly adjusted, or you have the magnification set wrongly in the browser, or your room lighting is wrong. Whatever the cause, it's in your own control to fix it.

You need to be more inventive in finding things to complain about - the easy targets are all gone.

Back