Programs for Posting Screenshots

With the old, now defunct "Host N Post" you use to be able to host up to six screenshots at a time. (get the 6 x URL's in one hit) Is there any other "free hosting site" that will allow you to host "several screenshots" at the same time?

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
My problem is with the Trainz Portal Gallery is that, although I follow the instructions, I cannot get the image out to the forum.

John, I'm in the same boat as you. Once the screenshot is at the Gallery how do we get it to the forum? Forum member pware offered directions as how to do it but after copying the screenshot I tried to paste it on my thread but the paste option was not available.

John, I got it done. Check your screenshot settings and have them automatically uploaded to the Gallery. Once there, right click on the image and choose copy link. Go to the forum and once you have a thread right click and choose paste You will have to click on the link but at least you will be able to see the screenshot. Hope this helps.

Is the image recent or a older one? I think I remember reading that this method does not work for older screenshots.

The instructions are a little vague on how to get the URL. You can't use the URL in the address bar when you pull up the screenshot in My Trainz. I have to right-click and select "inspect element", then copy a long piece of code that contains the name of the picture, paste that into notpad, and then only grab the part that starts with "http:// thru the name of the picture.jpg". Pasting that into the posting works.

Is the image recent or a older one? I think I remember reading that this method does not work for older screenshots.

Yes it was an older one. Next time I want to post an image I'll follow Forester1's suggestion. Why N3V couldn't have made the process easier I do not know.

Putting aside Trainz Portal Gallery, is there any other "3rd party free hosting site" that will allow you to host "several screenshots" at the same time??? - Eg; like the old, now defunct "Host N Post" where you were able to host up to six screenshots at a time. (get the 6 x URL's in one hit)!!!

Cheers, Mac...

So easy peezy to insert a picture you uploaded to the Trainz Gallery in My Trainz... Find your image in the Trainz Gallery, Right Click,

Copy Image URL My Trainz.jpg

Paste the URL in the post http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzpo...screenshots/99809/1000/Ore-Valley-Schools.jpg

Then highlight the URL and use the Insert Image Button

Copy Image URL My Trainz1.jpg

Paste the URL you just copied and ... Viola

Ore-Valley-Schools.jpg

Done, no 3rd party host at all... Enjoy

Chris, sorry it took me so long to respond but I printed out your instructions and then forget about them. Thanks, it worked but now I have one more question. Is it possible to make the screenshot smaller and how?

Chris, sorry it took me so long to respond but I printed out your instructions and then forget about them. Thanks, it worked but now I have one more question. Is it possible to make the screenshot smaller and how?

If you run Trainz in a window, then reduce the window size to the smallest size it allows (still fairly big), then take the screenshot. You can get it a little smaller.

Smaller-Image.jpg

Back