Loco freezes upto 2 seconds. Very very strange.

vovven47

I am running in AI mode and after about 6 minutes the locomotive gets frozen during 1-2 seconds.
However, smoke and sound is still working.
Repeated the step, and SAME sympton took place in SAME place.
Tested with own developped steam locomotive.

Changed steam loco to NYC Dreyfuss and repeated above.
Freeze in the same place for 1-2 seconds.

Changed to diesel engine, but same freeze point!

Here is a short video clip of the "phenomenon":
[video]https://www.mediafire.com/file/wc2pcpqjz8yalzb/Trainz_Railroad_Simulator_2019_2019-01-05_14_02_25.mp4[/video]

NOTE. This freeze also occurs on other places in my route and sometimes freeze lasts upto 3-4 seconds.
The route consists of 120 km tracks.

If a new train is departed a few minutes after the first. What will happen?
Well, result is same on exactly same place.

OKay, then we send a train in the other direction and what happens when passing the "freeze" place?
The train passed and NO FREEZE!!!!

Now, we immediately send a new train in the problematic direction!
Result:FREEZE on SAME spot!!!!

How did the surroundings look like where freeze occurs?
Yes, like this:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/66r3p2go46lc5y0/2019-01-05_100838.jpg
2019-01-05_100838.jpg

2019-01-05_100838.jpg

2019-01-05_100838.jpg

Tested 2 versions of my own developed route.
Difference:
2D trees replaced by Speedtrees but still "freezing" in the same place.

Finally, let us remove all houses in the problem area.
Result: STILL FREEZE

Conclusion: A freeze will occur in one direction (east-west) and in the other(west-east) NO FREEZE!!!

If you change to DCC mode, same freeze procedure will occur and I am using only ONE train in the testing.

If you change to AI session with upto 8 trains running simultaneously, same freeze occurs on same spot.

If you let a train start 1 minut from the "freeze point"
STILL FREEZE.

Anyone else having similar issue?

Right before sending this post, I changed camera view to check the train from another side via keyboard arrows regarding freeze place.
Result: NO FREEZE!!!

I have during the testing always used same camera view.....:(

Any advice is gratefully received.

Check your Antivirus program and exclude the TRS19 data and program folders from real-time scanning. Antivirus programs salivate over Trainz content because it's in compressed files and will scan each and every asset as it loads up. Some antivirus programs are more aggressive than others, and this can really, really impact the program performance.

If this doesn't do it, then there's something else happing which needs investigating.

Most likely something is being loaded into the scene at the point of the freeze. The trick is to find what it might be.

Things to try:
1. Check your logs (Developer > Show logs) to see if anything is mentioned
2. In debug mode, try Suspend Scenery Render (you need to turn these debug options on and off one at a time).
3. Try disabling different sets of content (e.g. scenery) then rerunning the test.

Thanks for the assisstance!

First I disabled all my TRS19 folders, which resulted in faster Surveyor and Driver start-up.
But the issue NOT solved.
Using Windows Defender.

Then I tried Tony´s advices:
1. I Always have Logs on and nothing was presented.
2. Here we got it! The train passed with NO FREEZE.
I tested 3 times in case……:)

So, here I am. Next step is to disable an asset among the disappeared from step 2.
I found out that there are some assets to choose from, but not the telephonepoles, that I have suspected.
I assume the failing asset is Close to the FREEZE Point, or.....?

Anyway, above 3 steps is a very good way of finding out any failing assets.
Thanks for that.

The asset causing the freeze is likely to be at a point equal to your draw distance. Windows defender is easy to make exceptions for.
cheers
Graeme

So, I changed draw distance to 2000 meters and within this area I removed ALL Railway signals (Semaphores etc) and ran a test:
No freeze.

A result I did NOT like!!
Anyway, I continue…….

I ONLY changed draw distance to 2000 meters in my route:
The freeze Point was moving forward a few hundred meters.

So, stop for today!!!

I changed back to 4000 meters:
FREEZE appears again on original Place!

Conclusion: Problem asset(s) between 2000-4000 meters = FOREST!!!!

Last edited:
For those of you who are interested how above issue finished:

I was writing down the fault without being aware of it, but as I mentioned in previous post. Too tired

Cut from previous post:
So, I changed draw distance to 2000 meters and within this area I removed ALL Railway signals
(Semaphores etc) and ran a test:
No freeze.

Thus, railway signal failure somewhere among these signals. But which? I re-defined every single signal within this area and
re-tested.

Testing OK.

Anyway, being able to suspend objects in a route is a powerful tool, that I now have come to know…..

Great news.

It would be good to know which signals. Also whether it is a scripting issue or animation issue, or something else.

Great news.

It would be good to know which signals. Also whether it is a scripting issue or animation issue, or something else.

The signal system is developed in Sweden and as far as I know, you can only download the
"older-looking" signals from their home-site:

http://www.banbyggarna.se/stl/scenery/trackside/page1.html

The signal system worked OK in TANE, but I think there are some TRS19 specific issues,
especially after what I have experienced.

I got NO script errors.

I have more examples on my route, where locos get frozen, so now I am aware what to look for.
Perhaps, also deep into and find out the "guilty" object.
As I said, I re-defined ALL Railway signals in the 2000 meters area.

Back