Container Placement on Wellcars

stouthm

Get over it
Has anyone else noticed that if you place a container on top of a bottom container that is loaded in a wellcar that the top container blends in with the bottom? The top container does not sit on top of the the bottom. I'm using the containers and wellcars from socalwb909. Any suggestions or ideas?

Would you say the placement is off by about a foot? Could be a case where there's a hi-cube container being used where it shouldn't be.

Yes, about a foot but I make sure that when I choose which containers to use I select the ones labeled sc and not hc. I use the 53ft containers mostly. The containers do not appear to be hi-cube.

Has anyone else noticed that if you place a container on top of a bottom container that is loaded in a wellcar that the top container blends in with the bottom?
If the bottom container is the correct height then that's an error in the positioning of the attachment points in the model. The top container is not placed using the height of the bottom container: it is placed at the height of the defined attachment point. If that point is positioned wrongly the top container will not sit correctly on the bottom on.

SailorDan - I understand what you're saying but am I the only one to notice this? Socalwb909 is no longer involved with Trainz so how do we fix this?

SailorDan - I understand what you're saying but am I the only one to notice this? Socalwb909 is no longer involved with Trainz so how do we fix this?
If this is payware then the seller is obliged by law to replace, refund, or repair faulty items. You should take the problem up with the seller.
If it is not payware then you can contact me by PM and I will show how to modify the asset to suit the containers you want to use.
If this is a DLS item then you can advise the CRG and it will be put on the repair list. A simple repair like this should be done quite quickly.

Thanks for the info. These were downloaded from the freeware section at Jointed Rail. I'm ok with messing around in the config file but nothing beyond that. Is the fix in the config file? If so, I'll be sending you a PM. Thanks again.

The ABC TTX well cars in the picture were made by socalwb909 and look fine to me when loaded. What version of Trainz are you using?
2018-12-16-155644.jpg

I have the same issue in TANE. I just looked away after I saw the problem but it did bug me at the time. :)

LouP

Sorry I'm late in replying but I was watching the Eagles beat the Bears. Yes, I'm a Eagle fan. Just as LouP73, I'm also running in TANE. It's been a while but I'll try to post a screenshot.

HAHAHA...great game! I bet you are glad the bear's kicker sucks...:hehe: I am a Seahawk fan and our season is over but I am ok with it. They definitely did not have a Superbowl worthy team this year. I am curious about what the issue looks like you are having.

SailerDan - check out the screenshot on post #14. The wellcar kuid is 2:101046:101080:1
53ft containers 2:334896:120010:1
48ft containers 2:334896:120009:1

Again, thanks for your help.

Sorry, my bad. Too quick with the mouse. It's 2:45324:300005:4 Wellcar weathered by socalwb909.

How do you get your screenshot to appear in the post? I only get the link.

It's 2:45324:300005:4 Wellcar weathered by socalwb909.
The traincar is correctly configured. If you change it then it will be wrong for the default loads.

The load height for all bottom containers is 0.296. The load height for the upper layer SC is 2.887. This gives a clearance above the bottom load of 2.591, which is correct for a SC at the bottom.
The load height for an upper layer HC is 3.192. This gives a clearance above the bottom layer of 2.896, which is correct for a HC at the bottom.
Both <kuid2:334896:120010:1> 53ft Containers and <kuid2:334896:120009:1> 48ft Containers are HC (2.896).
So if you add these as bottom HC and top HC they align correctly.
If you add a HC such as <kuid2:334896:120010:1> as a bottom SC, anything you put on top of it will be aligned incorrectly.
y4m4n72rrykOQ8jqxyZEIfH4_ljetJn3UZGB6b1_4PfZ8aMOSoHmZZlSEC8-SfiQdYT_jGXZ6DXe4rrY9km9R6r9-c_ld_6HmEUN7VsR4oZJqyiVQx8tuYUauD0-jOrvTNSg2d2hz-aVU-To2qPNTnF_btPsLHCz9d-HlNIiSO-DJKWSCWT4BBW7wpgP7X1qkSFem-lW-lVS1d1_AwYbdoo_g

So, with the info you provided I should only load HC containers. Correct? Thank you for your time and effort. Hope this helps others.

So, with the info you provided I should only load HC containers. Correct?
No. You can load HC or SC containers. But if you load a HC container on the bottom then you must load it using a HC load point. That will then mean that the only load points available to you to load an upper container will be a HC load point, which will have the correct height. You can load any container as an upper container.

Back