Wait for Trigger issue

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Using <kuid2:57344:80001:9> WaitForTrigger payware by marinus which is giving me grief...when selected in driver scheduling it becomes 'greyed out' and will not operate. Also have noticed a bug message appearing when driving saying 'timeout' which I ignore but just cannot use the asset.

Is there an alternative asset which does the similar? I have found this asset quite useful.

Thanks,
Val.

I had this problem and found out you can not have more than 80 engines on the route or this times out. When I say engines I mean anything you add that can be driven, trains, cars, plane, boats etc.

This issue is NOT solved

Edit... Correction.... this problem is NOT solved. I have managed to place two [2] only 'wait for trigger' command on a session driver/consist schedule. Will not allow me to place any further instances of this command. Simply 'greys' out. Frustrating

Is there an alternative method which gives similar outcome?

Last edited:
Our you using TRS19? If so then the problem is with it and the <kuid2:57344:80001:9> because in Trainz New Era and <kuid2:57344:80001:5>, notice it is a different version, works fine.

Our you using TRS19? If so then the problem is with it and the <kuid2:57344:80001:9> because in Trainz New Era and <kuid2:57344:80001:5>, notice it is a different version, works fine.

Hi Lewis,
Are you saying that <kuid2:57344:80001:5> works ok in TRS19? If so I would install it if I could find it in content manager whilst in TRS19. I used <kuid2:57344:80001:9> extensively in T:ANE with no issues, so I guess you are correct saying where the problem lay.

Trying to find an alternative method to achieve the same result is proving difficult in TRS19.

There is an alternative: <kuid2:160293:101006:3> Wait Until S-variable, on the DLS. The method for using it is a bit more complicated.

For a very simple example, lets use the score variable that is the default setting of Variable Modify.

So the driver command that holds up the train is: Wait until score = 1 . To allow this option to appear in the menu, first add the Input table rule to the session.
Make these entries in the input table:
svname,score
svar,eq,1

Now when the Wait Until S-variable command is issued there will be an option to wait until score eq,1.

Then you need to find a way of setting the score to 1 when the triggering train arrives at the trigger point.
This can be done with
Check Trackside
> Variable Modify: set score to 1.
Check Trackside is on the DLS. Set it up so that the triggering train modifies the score variable when it reaches its target mark, which releases your train to continue its journey.

If you need several different trigger points then use different variable names.
A means of resetting the variable back to zero might be necessary to prevent unwanted triggering.

An alternative way of setting the variables is to use driver command <kuid2:160293:101005:5> Set S-Variable. This needs extra entries in the input table to allow setting the variable values, for example: svar,set,0
After your train has been given the go-ahead, issue a Set S-Variable command to reset the score to zero.

Trevor

Last edited:
The best solution is that N3V repair WaitForTrigger command, reset timeout ( make it less demanding), make the revision of all rules and driver commands and solve scripts errors with MIN's, interactive stations, portals, HUD, signals, junctions.....Then TANE and TRS19 will work much better.
I hope that new hf patch for Tane, which we are expecting, is solving this problems.

Last edited:
Hi Trevor

I've been using <kuid2:160293:101006:3> Wait Until S-variable from the DLS in TRS19 since August without any issues. Note the suffix is different from the one that you mentioned above.

So far I've not had any problems with any of your rules or driver commands that I've used in TRS19.

Regards

Brian

A Happy New Year to you, Brian and all other Trainzers. Hope that you are still well.

Yes, I see that the 03 version is also on the DLS. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've been working on a new trackside trigger that can remember a list of trains and sets a session variable when one of them reaches the trigger. The variable name still needs to be recorded in the input table so that the Wait Until S-variable command can be set up, so the method is a bit more cumbersome than the built-in Wait for Trigger.

Best Regards - Trevor

B​ut Guys, that doesn't help me. Why can't we have a simple 'wait until' on the driver's command and allow simple folk like me who haven't a clue on what these other 'triggers' do run his 10 trains an hour as I did with Trainz 10 Surely someone at NV3 could be able to do that?

Back