Colour saturation and transparency in TRS2019 vs T:ANE

autodctr - You will find the Environmental Settings dialog box in the Main Menu during Session Edit in T:ANE or TRS19.
Look for "Edit environment..." and click on that. This is the key tool needed to adjust the scene's lighting and atmosphere to your tastes for every time segment of the day or night.
Note: This is also available in Route edit mode, but changes you make will affect and be retained in the Default Session of that route only.
The great thing about saving environmental changes in Session Edit mode is that you can have very different weather & lighting conditions applied to the same route at different times of the day in different sessions.

Last edited:
1611mac - Fog settings can (and should) be set and adjusted at the Session level as always. Always use the Edit Environment... dialog box as per usual and not the Quick Drive Session Options... controls dialog.
What you are perpetuating here is the notion that the fog settings used by the route creator persist into any Quick Drive sessions initiated by a user in the Sessions tab.
(If Zero fog is applied by the route creator (in the Default session applicable to that route) then there will be none in the Quick Drive instances).

env.png

All other sessions' fog settings for any route can be adjusted and saved in Session Edit mode, using the Edit Environment dialog... in the main menu.
Note the Fog Density slider available at the bottom of the dialog so that you can adjust different fog densities applying to selected time slots throughout the day and at night.

Last edited:
1611mac - -snip0
What you are perpetuating here is the notion that the fog settings used by the route creator persist into any Quick Drive sessions initiated by a user in the Sessions tab.
(If Zero fog is applied by the route creator (in the Default session applicable to that route) then there will be none in the Quick Drive instances).

Hello... rest assured I am done with my Fog alert. :) I was not intentionally perpetuating anything... I saw this thread as an opportunity to remind route creators to not forget about Fog settings as a lot of people seem to not know about "Environment" and fog settings can ruin the experience. That's all.... I 'm done with fog. :) People keep telling me they can be changed...I know that. But if the route creator and the game "driver" don't know about Environment settings.... well.. poor results can happen... that was my only point.

Last edited:
Hello... rest assured I am done with my Fog alert. :) I was not intentionally perpetuating anything... I saw this thread as an opportunity to remind route creators to not forget about Fog settings as a lot of people seem to not know about "Environment" and fog settings can ruin the experience. That's all.... I 'm done with fog. :) People keep telling me they can be changed...I know that. But if the route creator and the game "driver" don't know about Environment settings.... well.. poor results can happen... that was my only point.

And a very valid point at that. ;)

Back