Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blender->fbx->trainzmesh problem (98592)

Blog Entries

<kuid2:122285:500:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Double Cab)
    <kuid2:122285:506:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Parcels Van)
    <kuid2:122285:502:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Single Cab)
    <kuid2:122285:507:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Trailer)

I like using these in my pet route and found a book, with drawings, on the class. There were several Andi didn't make so I might - one day!

Do you know what GMax's Reset Xform does? I've seen many references to it in the forums and assumed the Blender equivalent was Apply Rotation and Scale. This is particularly useful for animated parts. I had GMax installed for years and sometimes used it while working with Ben Dorsey but never used it for making assets.

While playing with Samplaire's arch mesh in Blender I tried every trick I knew with no success. I also ran it through Autodesk's FBX Converter but that made no difference. My next attempt will be to recreate the offending mesh in Blender from scratch and see what it does. I have some other jobs to finish first.

If I report it to N3V it will be another of my "War and Peace" submissions. They've had a few of those.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    <kuid2:122285:500:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Double Cab)
    <kuid2:122285:506:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Parcels Van)
    <kuid2:122285:502:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Single Cab)
    <kuid2:122285:507:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Trailer)

I like using these in my pet route and found a book, with drawings, on the class. There were several Andi didn't make so I might - one day!

Do you know what GMax's Reset Xform does? I've seen many references to it in the forums and assumed the Blender equivalent was Apply Rotation and Scale. This is particularly useful for animated parts. I had GMax installed for years and sometimes used it while working with Ben Dorsey but never used it for making assets.

While playing with Samplaire's arch mesh in Blender I tried every trick I knew with no success. I also ran it through Autodesk's FBX Converter but that made no difference. My next attempt will be to recreate the offending mesh in Blender from scratch and see what it does. I have some other jobs to finish first.

If I report it to N3V it will be another of my "War and Peace" submissions. They've had a few of those.
    That's odd as those are all OK here leastwise they are having just previewed them in TRS19?

Reset Xform from the Max destructions:

Use the Reset XForm (Transform) utility to push object rotation and scaling values onto the modifier stack and align object pivot points and bounding boxes with the World coordinate system. Reset XForm removes all Rotation and Scale values from selected objects and places those transforms in an XForm modifier.
    Or more simply I was told, it recalculates Normals and should be used before animating anything, using it afterwards breaks the animation.
    Collapsing the Stack or Converting to editable mesh or poly keeps the Xform modifier, deleting it causes the model to assume weird shapes and parts end up all over the place and often rotated and can't be undone! Presumably as the values were removed from the model and put in the modifier.
    Malc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    That's odd as those are all OK here leastwise they are having just previewed them in TRS19?
    Weird! They are definitely crook here. Is this TRS19 98592?

Can you also check the dependencies for one of them and tell me what version of the AJS Supersscript Code Library it is using? Mine is referring to the V22 version that is marked as payware.

Thanks for the info in Reset XForm. It sounds similar to Blender's Apply Rotation and Scale except for the normals action. There is a separate command for that.

Paul

Funny (or not) at first I was looking for reset xform in Blender. It was my first thought! However as you know there isn’t such term in blender. I was googling for ‚blender reset xform’ and found no connection to the ‚reset rotarian and scalling’ as if nobody in the world was looking for the equivalent...

when I work in gmax right before reset xform I always convert the mesh to editable mesh. Otherwise the result is not Reversed normals but a messed piece of sh** very frequently.

Weird! They are definitely crook here. Is this TRS19 98592?

Can you also check the dependencies for one of them and tell me what version of the AJS Supersscript Code Library it is using? Mine is referring to the V22 version that is marked as payware.

Thanks for the info in Reset XForm. It sounds similar to Blender's Apply Rotation and Scale except for the normals action. There is a separate command for that.
    Yes definitely 98592 and using v22 Superscript code library however it's marked as builtin and not payware? Also checked on other PC and they are fine there, deleted them and re-installed and still OK.

Dependencies of <kuid2:122285:500:5> GWR AEC Railcar (Double Cab)

<kuid:-25:1235> Prod Passengers 2012
    <kuid:104722:54025> Class 25 Horn Sound
    <kuid2:122285:505:5> AEC Railcar Bogey
    <kuid2:62909:2033:1> AEC diesel railcar engine sounds (QR 2000 class)
    <kuid2:62909:150:2> AEC 150hp
    <kuid2:122285:509:5> AEC Railcar Liveries
    <kuid2:104722:200:3> Oil lamp red
    <kuid2:122285:504:5> GWR AEC Railcar Interior
    <kuid2:122285:508:22> AJS Superscript Code Library
    <kuid2:104722:100:3> Oil lamp white
    Malc

Blog Entries

Definitely payware here but I see it is a dependency of a couple payware assets so I'll assume it got caught up in that. I've run a DB repair, deleted and downloaded those cars again and they are still transparent. Maybe I'll change a few video settings.

Paul

Definitely payware here but I see it is a dependency of a couple payware assets so I'll assume it got caught up in that. I've run a DB repair, deleted and downloaded those cars again and they are still transparent. Maybe I'll change a few video settings.
    Perhaps thinking about it, maybe it's worth looking at the liveries texture library in case there's something wrong or missing? <kuid2:122285:509:5> AEC Railcar Liveries, should be installed from DLS, leastwise it is here, Or deleting it and re-downloading?

Tried changing the livery in surveyor? May just be the default that's not working? They are working here, just checked.
    Last edited by clam1952; January 4th, 2019 at 06:49 PM.
    Malc

Blog Entries

Tried changing the liveries but no options came up so that didn't look good. I also re-downloaded the livery asset. There are a bunch of Andi's assets that use this technique so I'll go check them out.

I thought this was related to the original topic but now I'm not sure it is.

Paul

Tried changing the liveries but no options came up so that didn't look good. I also re-downloaded the livery asset. There are a bunch of Andi's assets that use this technique so I'll go check them out.

I thought this was related to the original topic but now I'm not sure it is.
    Doesn't look like it is related, looking more like the Superscript, what payware is using it? I'm thinking maybe it's creator modded the v22 library for some reason and just bundled it with the payware submission and N3V just packaged it all up as DLC.

Looking at dates, It can't be an Andi update, maybe try up versioning version 21 which is builtin obsolete here and editable just needs the .textures running through images2tga, which is working on them, just checked.
    Malc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Doesn't look like it is related, looking more like the Superscript, what payware is using it? I'm thinking maybe it's creator modded the v22 library for some reason and just bundled it with the payware submission and N3V just packaged it all up as DLC.

Looking at dates, It can't be an Andi update, maybe try up versioning version 21 which is builtin obsolete here and editable just needs the .textures running through images2tga, which is working on them, just checked.
    Payware includes:
    <kuid2:217537:29:1> QR PB_DRIVEWHEEL_PBR
    <kuid:103475:203> VR V class Compound - Dead

both are bogies.

It could have been modded as you suggest. The script is encrypted but maybe there was something else in there that needed work.

I think I'll report it as a bug.

Paul

Payware includes:
    <kuid2:217537:29:1> QR PB_DRIVEWHEEL_PBR
    <kuid:103475:203> VR V class Compound - Dead

both are bogies.

It could have been modded as you suggest. The script is encrypted but maybe there was something else in there that needed work.

I think I'll report it as a bug.
    Odd I have both of them as well, has to be some kind of bug as you can't have the same kuid as builtin and payware.
    Malc