Steam Version - What's Taking So Long?

BNSF1995

Not-so-proud American
The Trainz team said the Steam version is awaiting approval. That was eleven days ago. What's going on? Has it been rejected for some reason?

Also, how much will it cost on Steam? And what DLC can we expect besides the Settle-Carlisle pack?

From what I've seen elsewhere, Steam isn't the quickest when it comes to the app review process so patience may be needed.

Shane

We can only assume that the holidays are delaying things in the review process. I can assure you that we’re keen to get the final approval sorted and get the product released.

I now get the distinct impression that it isn't Steam that's delaying it, but N3V. They're waiting until after the Winter Sale so they can sell it for full-price.

Good thing I've still got $119.04 stockpiled for TRS2019's release.

There will be many Steam sales in the future, and no doubt some people will pick up a bargain-priced TRS19 and related DLC then.
The ball is definitely in Valve Corporation's court - they are obviously very busy at this time of the year...
It is in N3V's best interests that the game is released on Steam ASAP as there is absolutely no incentive for them to delay otherwise.
BTW - TRS19 is definitely worth the wait in any event, especially if you like to create your own railroad worlds and scenarios.
Best version ever!

Review Update:

The Steam review team have identified a couple of minor issues that they require us to update prior to release. We are working with them to resolve these issues asap. We are very sorry for unanticipated delay in the release of TRS19. I can assure you it is frustrating for us as well that we've missed out on the "busy" sales period.

For the conspiracy theorists out there, Steam do not allow a product to be discounted within 90 days of initial release, so it would definitely be selling at full price even it is was available during their Winter Sale.

Also, to give an idea of one of the issues they have identified that prevents release, it is that the Achievement icons resemble the Steam icon:

2019-01-02_131224.png

IT'S BEEN RELEASED ON STEAM!

I'm installing it now!

EDIT: I have a problem. Nothing technical, but it's a big issue to me.

The ECML King's Cross-Edinburgh route isn't on the DLS. So I looked, and found it's now paid DLC on the Trainz Store. That wouldn't be a problem if it was also on Steam, but it isn't.

Therefore, I'd like to request that this route be put on the Steam Store. I mean seriously, I've noticed alot of the DLC on the Trainz Store isn't available on Steam. Is there a limit to how much DLC a company can put on Steam? Or are you intentionally trying to make people go through the Trainz Store?

And before you ask about my objection to the Trainz Store, it's because I just find it easier to go through Steam. You don't see Trainz Store gift cards at major stores like you do Steam gift cards. The only way I can pay for things on websites I don't have gift cards for is my debit card, and my mom doesn't like me using it online because it's apparently very easy to steal debit card information online.

Last edited:
Okay, disregard my rant. All of my T:ANE built-in and DLC content is downloading into TRS2019. Routes like C&O Hinton Division and Avery-Drexel are among them, so I assume the ECML route will be, too.

Okay, disregard my rant. All of my T:ANE built-in and DLC content is downloading into TRS2019. Routes like C&O Hinton Division and Avery-Drexel are among them, so I assume the ECML route will be, too.

Yes it should download everything that was included in TANE and any DLC you had in TANE.

I'm wondering why you want to purchase through Steam. I have never used Steam. Are there advantages over the Trainz store? Are there multiplayer advantages?

Thanks,
Al

I'm wondering why you want to purchase through Steam. I have never used Steam. Are there advantages over the Trainz store? Are there multiplayer advantages?

Thanks,
Al

It's an obsession with having all games on Steam, no advantages, sometimes cheaper, just different build number, it gets installed where Steam says and updates are usually later than with N3V.

Back