Interlocking Tower - What could it be?

escd84

Something I seem to do wrong. I have created several ILT with paths. As you can see in the picture, they are displayed correctly. Start signal are set with "Continue", all following signals of the path with "Automatic"

2018-12-29224007.jpg

When I get in range in Driver, the window opens where I can choose the ways. If I click once he shows me the path, double-click sets the route and I can continue the journey.

2018-12-29224036.jpg

But unfortunately that does not apply to all set paths. The majority of the paths can be selected and the routes are also set correctly, but signals are always stay red. Also, the green preview of the path is not displayed if you only click once. Now I think about it for a while why it can be? All paths are set equal, it affects not just one, but also all interlocking towers, but only part of the paths.

A head nut would be helpful to see the mistake I made.

2018-12-29224118.jpg

Those paths look very long and may have something on the path further along or the path has not been cleared by a previous consist. If you open the tower from the tool icon next to the menu it should show you what is happening. Proceed will only go green when the tower has full control of the path. (FWY) To Yard NB also uses the end signal and if it has control then your path wont show until it is cleared.

You might also try using "Automatic" for the start signal state, rather than Continue / Proceed. Depending on the signal asset used, setting a fixed state has sometimes caused signals to be stuck on red - at least in TANE.

Blocks are not occupied, there are also only the 2 trains which can be seen in the picture on the route. I do not get any error message. IT Rule also says that's all right.

Tried to deleted the signals one by one on one path and place then again and given the original name. That worked in the test. All paths were visible in the driver and signals were working. Then I deleted more signals, set new and provided again with their old names. And what has just worked, now does not work again. Again not selectable in the driver and signals remain red, even those which I have already got to run. Still no complaints from the IT rule

Hi escd84.

From what I read and understand, everything seems working normal except than when the path selection box is displayed, path is not highlighted when you click once and is not activated when you click twice, and that only for some paths.
If you have the IT manager rule present in your session, can you tell us what the run time monitor says about the current path you try to activate (and that seems not to activate). what does the run time monitor says after you double click to select a path about the path state : does the path remain in not set state ? does your train is displayed as waiting for path activation ? ... or any other information ...
Normaly, when you double click to select a path, the path is assigned to your train and the monitor should display that your train is now waiting for path activation, until the path is activated a few seconds later ...

Second question : if when the selection box is displayed, instead of double clicking on the path you execute in the train schedule an ITSetPath driver command for the path you want to request, does the path this time activates or do you have the same behavior with the path not activating ... I am not suggesting you have to use ITSetPath instead of the selection box in your session, but it is only to check if the path can be activated using a driver command or if there is problem with the path that makes path activation not possible for currently an unknown reason.

Regards.
Pierre.

Zooming in on the top screenshot I assume that (CMB) To Yard NB takes the path to the right at the top. If this is so there seems to be another consist at the end of the yellow line which makes me think that the path from (FWY) To Yard NB may have control still or the consist is within the same or another path that uses signal 95556.

Thanks for your help Pierre. Get with ITSetPath driver command and also with the selection box only the message that the train is waiting for path activation. But all path will be set correctly. If I drive at red then I always come to the correct destination of the path no matter which one I choose.

2018-12-31004243.jpg

2018-12-31004329.jpg

Edit:

The view from the other side, path is set correctly and free. Signal in between shows yellow because exit signal is red, normally the entry signal should be green under these conditions

2018-12-31010212.jpg

Last edited:
Path to exit signal skipped as b ? also failed because search has not found ?
These two will give you a clue as to the fault.

Hi.

Path activation is done by executing several successive stages. in your case, looking at the messages in white displayed at the bottom left of the screen, stage 1 has been been successfull, but stage 2 seems to have failed on some path clearance check :
Stage 1 is normaly executed immediately on path assignment with no delay and checks that all needed ressources are available (all path objects lock available, tcb locks available, exclusive set available), then will lock all ressources, and will set all path objects in their target state or direction (except the entry signal that remains at red EX_STOP ). If successfull, stage 1 posts a timer message to start stage 2 five seconds later.
Stage 2 is more a verification process that the path is now fully available : all path objects are checked that they are still in the correct target state or direction ; the path is scanned to check there is no extra consist on it ; ... and a few other checks exist that my old brain do not remember without looking at the script code ; then if all checks are fine the entry signal is changed to its target state (automatic or proceed or any other state) and the path state is set to path active.

In your case, on your last screenshot there is a truncated message saying that the path clearance check has failed with a search that has not found ???? (The displayed message is truncated). The full message has been written to the debug log.
What is needed now is to retrieve the full message that should explain what check has failed and has blocked path activation in stage 2 : it may either be a path object not in its target state, a tcb ressource now occupied, an extra consist detected, ...

Just re execute your session and pause it just after the failure message has been displayed. then display the debug log and look inside for the full message. There is a trick to retrieve easily in the log messages emitted by EIT, MCM, STT : all messages begin with the current game time and include a « >>> » string (a three superior sign string) . when looking to the log, I personally copy the whole log to a text file and use ultraedit editor to filter and display only lines with « >>> » . this way I can easily scan all the log messages emited by EIT, MCM or STT component.

If you have any problem understanding the debug log content, you can send me a copy and I will have a look to what is causing the problem.

Regards.
Pierre.

*** edited this morning after looking at the activation script code ***

I have looked this morning to the activation script code to find when and why a message begining by "search has not found … " can be emited.

The matching message seems to be "Path clearance check has failed for path <pathName> search has not found next object on path <mapObjectName> while scanning path". This message is only emited when the path clearance final check detects some incoherence between the path objects definition in the path object and the path objects found while scaning the track to check all path objects are in their correct state.

This can happen only if the order of path objects are not the same in the path definition and along the track (should have been detected by the path editor with a path displayed in orange warning color) or if some path objects present in the path definition still exists on the route but are no longer on the path track (should also be detected by the path editor). Last possible situation is a very long path activated with stream objects active (not in maximise compatibility mode) where all path objects have been loaded during stage 1 and some path objects have been unloaded between stage 1 and stage 2 (most unprobable but this possible situation is currently not correctly processed).

Could you first check your path (CMB to Yard NB) under the path editor to check there is no error detected while editing the path ? Could you confirm that you are currently using Maximise compatibility Mode or Stream Objects option (this setting is under the developper tab in your configuration setup) ? And if no errors is detected by the path editor, can you package your route and session in a cdp with also path objects dependencies not available on DLS and send it the the email adress I will send you via PM so that I have a look to understand why there is an incoherence detection when activating the path and produce a fix if it is a false error detection or an error due to stream objects processing … Thanks in advance for your help to make EIT more reliable …

I do not need any rolling stock dependency as I only need your route and session and junction, signal and crossing dependencies to check your path definition and activation processing ...

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Maybe found a solution after a tip from Pierre. I dare to say that it is neither the content nor my abilities, but the game again brought his magical powers to action.

The statement "try to understand why the tower detects an incoherence between the path definition and the objects along the route" was the head nut I needed to find the (possible) mistake.

The possible cause is that some signals have doubled while saving or whatever. It's difficult for me to explain in English. ILT in Surveyer refers to the signal on the track. ILT in the driver seems to refer to the duplicate in the nothing. Unfortunately that does not affect all signals of non-functioning paths. Let's see if on the basis of these experiences can repair or if the route is garbage with it. Not only signals but also other trackside objects such as triggers or junctions are now duplicated and are somewhere in the nothing

Thank you for all your help and effort. I wish a happy new year and all the best for 2019

Greetings

Christian

2018-12-31124051.jpg

2018-12-31124303.jpg

Back