TRS19 Gold Membership "Exclusive New Features"

EverTrainz

Electric Blue
On reading what the advantages of the full loaded membership were I saw "Exclusive New Trainz Features". This is followed up:

"Trainz PLUS feature updates will be released every three months, commencing Q1, 2019. These features will be selected with the assistance of Gold Class Members and will be included in a new Trainz "full product" release at a later date."

In all honesty I don't care for all the other extras such as all DLC or an FCT, as I rarely play the game. I spend most time developing content and the promised new features every three months have caught my attention. I want to know what this entails, whether it is full fledged significant new additions, or just some bug fixes that I am in essence paying $15/mo for after 7 months into the plan.

This is a make or break for me, as newer world editing features and content creation/functionalities such as vac brakes or working brake van cabooses would certainly interest me, but tiny GUI or session/rule upgrades don't cut it for me. PErhaps I'll cut some slack as that is something for N3V to see and decide in the future (2 and a half months from now, time is flying!) but I'd at least like an idea of what to expect.

If this also means that our "Suggestion Boxcar" requests hold more weight then I am interested, logically speaking as Gold members generate more revenue in the long run than one-time buyers so should have preference of features.

Have to wait 3 months to find out I'd guess as no one knows yet. As I read it the Gold subscription gets new features before those of us who just bought it normally. Full version no subscription involved.

I want to know what this entails, whether it is full fledged significant new additions, or just some bug fixes that I am in essence paying $15/mo for after 7 months into the plan.

Isn't that information in the description: "...will be included in a new Trainz "full product" release at a later date"? The early access is to features that will eventually be in the next upgrade. That could be anything from bug fixes through to content through to major additions.

Suggestions for enhancements from Gold subscribers will not hold more weight than any other suggestion. Each idea is assessed on its benefits to all users, as has always been the case.

From what was intimated during the beta period, it's most likkely going to be surveyor tools and non essentials that missed the launch cutoff. In essence, gold subs wont be running a version too different from non subs.
Graeme

That "feature" is a bit similar to the old TrainzDev program where members did get access to new toys. Not all of them made it into the game. In this instance, I think the new stuff would have to be more stable or complete than some of the stuff we tried in TrainzDev. For example, there was a new version of the CCP that was, maybe, 40% complete, but you could tell what it would look like. It was very prone to crashing.

So, my guess is that TrainzDev will continue as a separate stream and maybe feeding into the Gold Class early access of new tools. Or, it could snow today which is unlikely since we are heading towards 38c. :)

Maybe the first 3-month will be things that didn't make the launch, but there are around 3 years between Trainz launches, so 12 'Trainz PLUS Updates'. I find it hard to imagine that all of these updates will be filled with things that needed more time to complete before launch, surely there could be more big features or changes introduced?

Maybe instead of completing 12 different new features over the span of 3 years they will work on one feature per three-months, making sure it is fully polished and ready before moving onto the next.

Maybe the first 3-month will be things that didn't make the launch, but there are around 3 years between Trainz launches, so 12 'Trainz PLUS Updates'. I find it hard to imagine that all of these updates will be filled with things that needed more time to complete before launch, surely there could be more big features or changes introduced?

Maybe instead of completing 12 different new features over the span of 3 years they will work on one feature per three-months, making sure it is fully polished and ready before moving onto the next.
It wont be big features, as that will detract from the "next" product launch, is what we were told in the beta
Graeme

It wont be big features, as that will detract from the "next" product launch, is what we were told in the beta
Graeme

Its probably a marketing ploy where the Gold members will rave on about how good the extra is and that may drive people to sign up.

Its probably a marketing ploy where the Gold members will rave on about how good the extra is and that may drive people to sign up.
You have to give Gold subs some extra benefit to make it worthwhile over Silver sub as you're paying a third more. Otherwise everyone would just buy the game and go Silver. Yep, definitely marketing :hehe:
Graeme

If I read the text correctly, it says the update will be released in Q1 2019, so N3V must know what is likely to be in it, because they must be working on it already.

This process will be challenging for N3V as, as far as I can see, it adds in more builds to support. Firstly, the one off purchase build (Windows and macOS), the subscription build, which for most of the product cycle, will be different to the one off build (Windows and macOS) and, finally, the beta build.

Oh, and TANE (for a bit).

This issue was raised and, I thought, dealt with a few months ago in other threads.

Basically it is not anything that would "break" current assets or make any new assets (routes, sessions, etc) created by Gold Members unusable by non Gold members. Things such as new Surveyor tools, CM features, display options, etc were mentioned - perhaps even the ability to add RGB values directly into the environmental lighting tools (that was not specifically mentioned but I can dream!). It is not new assets that will only work in Gold subscription builds.

I should have assumed, seeing as it was quite low on the list of Gold member incentives, but new Surveyor tools still sounds promising.

I’ll just wait and see what the Q1 PLUS update is like before committing though.

Back