Screenshot of The Week: December 27 to January 3 2019 (Year In Review)

Are votes closed? I was disappointed to see I didn't make it into the newsletter. Apparently only TRS2019 entries now qualify.

I assumed it was based on votes caste. An incentive (and prize?) for posting an entry.

As I said, I am disappointed. But I will gather myself up, and when I have installed the DVD version of TRS2019 I will try again.

Back then.

Last edited:
No lately the screenshots in the newsletter email have been a random selection of the entries. It used to be the top three voted (or something similar)

Euro - ugly US locos? Granted most are not elegant steam locos, but I wouldn't exactly call them ugly. Just odd looking to what we are used to from our own countries (I look at locos from other countries and they seem odd sometimes too) Even ugly ducklings can become swans :)

No lately the screenshots in the newsletter email have been a random selection of the entries. It used to be the top three voted (or something similar)

Euro - ugly US locos? Granted most are not elegant steam locos, but I wouldn't exactly call them ugly. Just odd looking to what we are used to from our own countries (I look at locos from other countries and they seem odd sometimes too) Even ugly ducklings can become swans :)

I know, just having a larf!
Your American diesels have a meaningfull/muscular look to them that is individual and mimicked world wide, but here in this tiny country we like cabs at both ends of the loco because we don't have enough room to run in pairs back to back, the station or yard would be full before the actual wagons (cars) rolled in behind them. :hehe:

OK, seems fair enough, as it gives everyone the chance to have a screenshot featured.

#1 vote to Arhian7 -- awesome, photorealistic piece of scenery, very clever
Also to:
Footplatephil for a sweet shot
Cebar3 for another great piece of scenicking and for good atmosphere

I know, just having a larf!
Your American diesels have a meaningfull/muscular look to them that is individual and mimicked world wide, but here in this tiny country we like cabs at both ends of the loco because we don't have enough room to run in pairs back to back, the station or yard would be full before the actual wagons (cars) rolled in behind them. :hehe:

Ahh did not know that bit (the smaller yards and double cabs) Learn something new every day. Guess I'm done for the day then :)

Back