New Monitor

Jayco-man

Just got a new monitor today, Its a LG UltraWide 29" at 2560x1080. Boy is sweet to look at in TRS2019. Was suppose to be 75HZ but I guess my computer doesn't support it I guess, so I had to leave it at 60HZ. got to look into it a little more. If someone has skype that could help me with my video card settings I sure wood appreciate it. I have no idea what to do with all those settings.

I don't have Skype, but I will say that check your video driver settings for that resolution @ 75 hz.

If there isn't any, there's a chance that there's a "driver" for the monitor so check LG's website. I had to do that for my then new a few years ago Samsung 27-inch display I have now.

Jayco-man - You new monitor sounds sweet! Suggest check the Windows 10 Display settings first. Check that it is correctly set up for that wide-screen mode.
In particular, look for the Scale and Layout recommendations for your monitor's default. If correctly detected, you might still need to go to the 'Advanced' settings to get the results you're after.
Also - strongly recommend reading and adopting LG's recommendations for that model of their monitor in the accompanying (or online) Manual.
What graphics card are you using to drive this?

Last edited:
It is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 950. I have tried everything I can and cant seem to set it at 75hz. I am using a HDMI cable.

Last edited:
Some monitors require some sort of overclock setting in order to get refresh rates above 60Hz. Check your monitor documentation and / or on screen menu system.

The GTX 950 has a maximum refresh rate of 240Hz, but you'll need to consult the display adapter device alternatives to see if it supports 75Hz at that resolution.
Again, strongly recommend reading carefully the LG manual and set-up recommendations for that specific monitor.

Isn't 60HZ flickering invisible to the human eye ... Just as is 60 FPS is non-stuttering to the human eye

I wouldn't sweat perfection

That's true with old-fashioned CRTs which used a vertical blanking circuit and only drew parts of an image in each cycle. When running at 50 Hz, which is common in Europe and is the same with their A/C power cycle, the flicker is pretty obvious.

With the development of LCD/LED displays the technology is different and there is no vertical blanking being done and only a redraw on the screen from memory.

doesn't look like 75hz is supported at 2560x1080 by the monitor, just 60hz unless you drop down to 1280 x 1024 or lower. I just looked at the manual for it, it's at the very end of it. The other question is are you using a DP or HDMI cable?

Back